Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New cheap Friday Night Out?

Options
  • 13-06-2011 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Did anyone hear of the new gig on in Leisureplex on Friday Nights 9-12, it sounds great. I saw it on FB. It sounds too good to be true. :cool:

€10 in and you get Free Bowling, Free Quasar, Free Snooker and Free Pool. There is even a DJ and the best part is U GET TO BRING YOUR OWN BEER. Has anyone ever been at something like this before? Oh yea, and u get free entry to a nightclub, is this a windup. :)

Comments

Sounds like a scum fest to be honest.

Which club is the free entry into?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

It is going to be full of scobies drinking cheap Beer and Vodka slapping the head off each other by 10pm. In door bushing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Tennis Village 5aside

I dont know guys, I know one of the doormen and he said they will be taking the door very serious, cos they really want this to work. They dont want any scumbags in, just young people who cant afford to drink in the pubs all night long. Im going give it a go I think.

.........I saw it on FB. It sounds too good to be true. :cool:

€10 in and you get Free Bowling, Free Quasar, Free Snooker and Free Pool. There is even a DJ and the best part is U GET TO BRING YOUR OWN BEER. Has anyone ever been at something like this before? Oh yea, and u get free entry to a nightclub, is this a windup. :)
    I dont know guys, I know one of the doormen and he said they will be taking the door very serious, cos they really want this to work. They dont want any scumbags in, just young people who cant afford to drink in the pubs all night long. Im going give it a go I think.

So you saw it on facebook then had a chat about it to one of the doormen that you know :rolleyes:

Are you working there by any chance yourself?

.......... just young people who cant afford to drink in the pubs all night long. Im going give it a go I think.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71995706

You have teenage kids and are going to a Friday night event aimed at young people who can't afford to be pubbing and clubbing?

I strongly suspect you are involved in this event yourself. That's the best case scenario, the worst case is that you are a ..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

RoverJames wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71995706

You have teenage kids and are going to a Friday night event aimed at young people who can't afford to be pubbing and clubbing?

I strongly suspect you are involved in this event yourself. That's the best case scenario, the worst case is that you are a ..............
    +1, something is obviously a bit off about your promotion of this event. Please disclose your interests upfront.

Also, is this event even legal? It sounds kind of dangerous. Looking forward to the youtube vids of drunk 18 year olds slipping on the bowling lane and smacking eachother over the head with the guns in quazer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

RoverJames wrote: »
    Sounds like a scum fest to be honest.

Which club is the free entry into?
    Nightclub is Gorbys according to this: http://www.facebook.com/byobcork/posts/226710074021838

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Unfortunately, if this part is true then the place will be empty.

It's catch22 really. 'Normal' people will be put off by the scum. So then you're left with a choice, leave the scum in or not. If you leave them in, you'll make money for a while but they'll be loads of trouble. The night will be ruined & will eventually be stopped. If you don't, you probably won't have enough people to make it profitable.

I hope for 'whoever' is running it that it works out because at least they're trying something different and for a tenner it's not bad value tbf. Best of luck with it.

Advertisement