Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a desk made

Options
  • 13-06-2011 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a desk made. Either from Pine or MDF.
    It will be made up of 2 pieces that nest into each other. It's for a sitting room computer that will be used as a TV but also as a workstation.
    I'm not too set on the exact dimensions yet but the maximum width of the whole thing has to be 95cm.
    Probably going to paint it too but would like to use a light paint and let the grain show through if it's not too expensive.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm in Dublin so someone/where nearby would be best.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

Best off getting one in argos or ikea. It would work out more expensive to have a one off made up

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Thanks. I'm aware of that.
    I'd prefer a good quality desk for more money than a cheap flat pack desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

where abouts are you? and when do you need it done? What dimensions etc. Two sides a desk and keyboard tray? Mdf comes in sheets 8x4 at 18mm, pine at 18mm-25mm usually. Any detail needed ie routed edges etc. If your around dublin I could do it for you. If not a good chippy would be able to get plans pick up material and fit in a day for about (labour)€170 depending on your plans. (materials) Mdf or pine + fixings trackslider for keyboard etc €100-€150.

This is total ballpark figure by the way! More info is needed really to determine how much material is needed and the time needed to plan, collect material and assemble etc.

Advertisement