Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine With Me Ireland (Week 2 - Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

True, but she shouldn't be so stuck up & smug about it until she does lose the last few stone. Harping on & on & on about calories all week was like the pot calling the kettle black, IMO.

I agree with you totally I was just takin the mick :P Her calorie obsessing was ****ing headwrecking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

where we off to next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

df1985 wrote: »
    where we off to next week?

Not on next week, think it will be Limerick next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

STIG83 wrote: »
    Not on next week, think it will be Limerick next.

Cool, I knew Waterford and Galway were in upcoming episodes, didn't know about Limerick!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

STIG83 wrote: »
    think it will be Limerick next.

:eek: Bullet proof vests at the ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I could be wrong now, im after hearing it Waterford next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Hope so & the sooner the better for more entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭kwat

Anyone know whats happened to this weeks shows?
    Just noticed its not on tonight. I thought it was going to be on every weeknight for 6 weeks?
    According to the TV3 website:

"This show is currently off air, but will be returning shortly. Dates and times will soon be revealed."

Weird.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Apparently they're taking a week off between every two showings (no idea why :confused:). It makes me sad though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭kwat

Apparently they're taking a week off between every two showings (no idea why :confused:). It makes me sad though :(

me too - was looking forward to it tonight.

makes no sense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like they're taking more than a week off. Next Monday at 9 is more Strangeways. It will be at least July 4th before the next new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Mr E wrote: »
    Looks like they're taking more than a week off. Next Monday at 9 is more Strangeways. It will be at least July 4th before the next new one.

well thats annoying...stupid TV3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Only showing two weeks before switching off to something else? That's a fair bit daft.

Was really looking forward to seeing some more muppets trying to cook :pac:
    Disclaimer: I don't consider everyone to be a muppet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I was really looking forward to watching it tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Eimhear was told not to mention weight watchers, I think it was edited a little bit unfairly on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

lizt wrote: »
    Eimhear was told not to mention weight watchers, I think it was edited a little bit unfairly on her.

How did you find that out?

_whiskers wrote: »
    How did you find that out?

She was on the Ray D'arcy show along with the woman who won in Cork. Eimhear and the other one said the editing is unreal, that apparently Eimhear had said loads about each menu but they only showed her talking about calories and fat etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭sallydan

Any updates on when the next episode is on? why are they teasing us so?!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 scoogie

Did anyone get a chance to save Eimhear's recipies, they're not on TV3.ie anymore

Just checked there, they're still up on tv3.ie?

• Advertisement

Here there are anyway:

Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad

Dressing
    100g extra light mayonnaise
    juice of ½ a lemon
    1 clove of garlic
    75 ml water
    fresh ground black pepper

Salad
    2 chicken breasts
    1 dessertspoon Cajun spice
    1 large or 2 small cos/romaine lettuce [500g]
    50g shaved or grated fresh parmesan
    1 slice of bread
    garlic salt
    Spray oil
    5 slices of Parma ham

Method

For the dressing, place all the dressing ingredients in a blender and blitz till smooth [leave for a few hours in the fridge to allow the flavours to infuse].
    Cut the bread into small cubes and spread out well on a baking sheet, spray with a little oil and sprinkle with the garlic salt. Place in a pre-heated oven at 175/gm6 for 10-15 mins turning occasionally until lightly browned.
    Cut the chicken into strips and sprinkle with the spice, lay the pieces out on a spray oiled or non-stick baking sheet and place in the oven for 15 mins [check the thickest piece to make sure they are cooked through].
    Cut the fat off the Parma ham and lay it out on a grill tray. Place under the grill till crispy.
    Cut, wash and spin the lettuce and place in a large bowl with the dressing. Toss well and divide between 5 plates, place the chicken, Parma ham and croutons on top and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.

MAIN COURSE

Rosti potatoes

600g potatoes
    5g/1 teaspoon thyme leaves
    salt & pepper
    spray oil

Method

Grate the potatoes on a large grate. Season with the salt and pepper and add the thyme. Divide into 5 equal amounts. Heat a pan and place a spray oiled mini flan ring into the pan. Spray the base of the pan and press a portion into the ring. Fry till golden brown. Remove with a fish slice, re-spray the pan and fry the other side. When all are done place on a baking tray and roast in the oven at 180 for 15 to 20 mins.

Red pepper coulis

2 red peppers[300g]
    300ml water
    1 white onion[100g]
    salt and white pepper

Method

Remove the white flesh from the peppers and discard. Chop the peppers and onions. Place in a pot with the stock and simmer till soft. Liquidize and strain through a sieve. Season to taste.

Yellow pepper coulis

2 yellow peppers[300g]
    300ml water
    1 white onion
    salt and white pepper

Method

Same as the red pepper coulis

Roast Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Salad

25 asparagus spears [cut ends trimmed]
    30 cherry tomatoes [cut in half]
    1 clove of garlic [crushed]
    20 fresh basil leaves [shredded]
    spray oil

Method
    Pre heat your oven to its hottest temperature, heat a roasting tin for 5 mins. Place the asparagus in the roasting tin, spray with spray oil and season with salt and black pepper. Place the tray in the oven for 8 to 10 mins. In a bowl, mix together the tomatoes, garlic and basil so the flavours infuse. Remove the hot asparagus and check to make sure they are cooked but still crunchy. Immediately pour the tomato mix into the hot roasting tray and toss together [this will allow the tomatoes to cool the asparagus and stop them continuing to cook and the heat will soften the flavour of the garlic. Check the seasoning and serve immediately.

Monkfish

5 200g monkfish tails
    spray oil
    salt and pepper
    5 sprigs of rosemary
    5 cloves of garlic

Method

Spear the peeled garlic with the rosemary sprigs, season and spray with oil. Place in an envelope of tin foil and bake in the oven for 20 mins.
    Season and spray the monkfish and roast for 10 mins. Serve on the potato rosti and garnish with the garlic and rosemary

Dessert

150ml espresso coffee
    20ml Tia Maria/rum
    400g extra light cream cheese
    100ml skimmed milk
    6 dessert spoons sweetener
    12 boudoir biscuits
    1 teaspoon cocoa powder
    a little good dark chocolate

Method

Mix the coffee and the alcohol. In another bowl mix together the cream cheese, milk and sweetener. Using three biscuits per portion in wine or champagne glasses layer biscuit drizzled in coffee and cream mix 3 times. Dust the top with cocoa powder. Drag a knife across the bottom of the bar of chocolate to form chocolate straws for decoration.

Thanks a mill lizt! That part of the website must've been down when I was checking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I know someone on the other Dublin week and they were told they weren't controversial/didn't argue with each other enough. She said they all got on well.

They were meant to be the first week but TV3 decided to show more 'entertaining' episodes first.

I'm not sure whether it was always their intention to take a break like this or if it's just becuase they don't think the rest of the episodes are good enough.

It's strange alright! Website says "This show is currently off air, but will be returning shortly. Dates and times will soon be revealed."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

TV3 seems to make it out as if CDWM is all about the banter and arguments between the hosts. Whatever happened to it being about the food...? At least that's how we here at home see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

TheChrisD wrote: »
    TV3 seems to make it out as if CDWM is all about the banter and arguments between the hosts. Whatever happened to it being about the food...? At least that's how we here at home see it.

If it was all about the food it would have been cancelled after the first few weeks.

It's about the people and that's what keeps us watching, I don't tune in to see a different person cooking asparagus every night that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

lizt wrote: »
    Eimhear and the other one said the editing is unreal, that apparently Eimhear had said loads about each menu but they only showed her talking about calories and fat etc.

She still said what she said though. You can edit all of it together and make people look like MORE of a knob - but they can't edit together something you never said - so she did give them the ammo in fairness.
    The fireman guy DID flex his biceps and say he goes to the gym which is why he's so buff - that wasn't camera trickery. He still did that, even if prompted.
    The other guy still made all those sh*t jokes - sure, they may have left out lots of other stuff he said and just showed crappy jokes back to back - but he still said them.
    It would be boring if they didn't edit it this way - but they can't edit you to look like a knob if you never said anything knob-ish in the first place.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

What I don't like about the newer episodes of CDWM, UK or Irish, is the portion of the night that has to be dedicated to "entertainment." It's usually really contrived and takes away from the conversation which is where the humour usually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

I seriously think I saw Cora from CDWM in Dundrum today. :eek::eek: If it wasn't her, it must've been her equally repulsive sister or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Violafy wrote: »
    I seriously think I saw Cora from CDWM in Dundrum today. :eek::eek: If it wasn't her, it must've been her equally repulsive sister or something.

Just had to thank your post. This is the first time in weeks that I can recall where someone said "I saw" rather than "I seen". Thanks you!

Advertisement