Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine With Me Ireland (Week 2 - Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

Bit early for favourites, but Darragh is my fave so far. They all seemed nice though...too nice. No Luisa to shake things up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Not nearly as good as last weeks episodes.. But only the first night so shall see how it plays out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Really depressing to see how narrow minded people continue to be on this forum with regards to people's individual looks! :rolleyes:

First thing that struck me about tonight was the great choice of music - was it just me or did anyone else hear Flights Of The Conchords at one point?!

Clip of the night was Darragh's reaction as the talk of "urine and such" continued.. he looked ever more increasingly awkward and his face was a picture.

Not a superb episode.. but Dave Lamb had a couple of great lines tonight.

EDIT: Darragh sorta reminded me of a scruffier Darragh Doyle..

Darragh%20Doyle22.png

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 irishgunner1

last week will take some beating in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Basq wrote: »

First thing that struck me about tonight was the great choice of music - was it just me or did anyone else hear Flights Of The Conchords at one point?!

Yep, they played Foux De Fafa at one point - when they were talking about the French custard yoke I think.

I thought the episode was pretty good. Not as good as last week's, but it's only the first night I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Yep, they played Foux De Fafa at one point - when they were talking about the French custard yoke I think.

I thought the episode was pretty good. Not as good as last week's, but it's only the first night I suppose.

Yeah, Eimhear is very out spoken and well up for an argument, expect fireworks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭SWEETCAN2000

A girl posted in the Cork thread last week saying she was the "working class" Dublin contestant. Neither of the girls sound "working class" :confused:

There is another week that was filmed in Dublin and that's probably the one she's in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I was quite disappointed. They all seem like dull people trying too hard to be kooky and wild so far... Hope the rest of the week is much better tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Tough crowd methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Very tame start to the week hope it gets better tonight

Darragh reminds me of a stoned and drunk Dominic Cooper

Johnny is trying to hard

I like Darragh and fireman Sam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Darragh was dead right...I'd talk about anything to be honest but the asparagus wee smell is too easy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

They all seemed nice but a bit dull.

Not enough rolly eyes for the WW leader who called herself a diet and nutrition lecturer.

Hopefully it'll get a bit more interesting as they all relax a bit as the week goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭a.man

A girl posted in the Cork thread last week saying she was the "working class" Dublin contestant. Neither of the girls sound "working class" :confused:

That was me! There are 2 Dublin weeks.. The week I'm on won't be shown until paddy last... Don't know if thats cause it was boring or because they want to go out with a bang!!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I was quite disappointed. They all seem like dull people trying too hard to be kooky and wild so far... Hope the rest of the week is much better tbh.

I agree, especially as the classic "snake shíts on table" series was on 4 at the weekend. That one was fantastic, they all really hated each other by the end.

The best bit of last nights one seemed to go go unnoticed. When Darragh was first talking and he said he really couldn't understand why anyone would want cosmetic surgery. Then he was introduced as a doctor of Psychology. Surely after 8 years or so of studying people's mental states he should have some sort of inkling as to why someone might want cosmetic surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Hopefully tonights episode is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

bad2dabone wrote: »
    whatever dude, bubbly = fun.
    you = bitchy

just cos she's carrying some extra lbs doesn't mean she's ugly.
    No but it makes her unattractive and especially squeezing into a dress thats way too small and showing off your rather large stomach doesnt make it better now does it.

No but it makes her unattractive and especially squeezing into a dress thats way too small and showing off your rather large stomach doesnt make it better now does it.

Dont be judging her on what she wears, people having a dig at her over her weight, same kind of nasty comments were said when Take Me Out was on TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

STIG83 wrote: »
    Dont be judging her on what she wears, people having a dig at her over her weight, same kind of nasty comments were said when Take Me Out was on TV3.

In my opinion, if you put yourself on a reality tv show, regardless of the competition or prize, then you are fair game to comments, good or bad!

I find Cora very nice looking, so what if she carrying a few extra pounds? she didnt care what she wore last night in front of the cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

there are some bad minded people where ever you go, but when your hidding behind a ''user name'' well then the bad comments are let lose big time. if i dont have anything good to say i wont post it same as if i were in a persons company, thats just me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

STIG83 wrote: »
    I find Cora very nice looking, so what if she carrying a few extra pounds? she didnt care what she wore last night in front of the cameras.

Yep, that may have been the problem all right.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

To be fair, the dress she wore was, um, ill-advised for a reality tv show. Doesn't excuse the nasty comments on here, but people say horrible things all the time unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Casey_81

I thought that it was a bit boring last night..
    Thought Darragh (PhD guy) was quirky, and could be the star of the week.
    I think Cora could be good too, now that her night is over we might see a bit more of her personality.

Cant believe all the nasty comments about her shape/size.. poor girl, yes her dress was ill advised for TV, but she is a young pretty girl with a great personality, def would much prefer to know her than that WW one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭pocketvenus

Is Eimhear the irish for Eimear? And is it just pronounced Eimear?

Actually the Irish way of spelling the name is Emer. That is the traditional very old Irish way of spelling it, usually with a fada over the first E.

This new way of adding i, a extra and the first time I have ever seen a H is just a modern, anglafied way of spelling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

OK so Cora was on with Ray Foley this lunchtime. She says tonight is a much better night, and that some animosity develops between two people tomorrow that leads to blows on Thursday night. :)

Don't give up on this week yet, I think it has potential (especially if the above pans out!)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Mr E wrote: »
    OK so Cora was on with Ray Foley this lunchtime. She says tonight is a much better night, and that some animosity develops between two people tomorrow that leads to blows on Thursday night. :)

Don't give up on this week yet, I think it has potential (especially if the above pans out!)

Sounds good :)

And to be honest, the first night is always going to be awkward and not as fun due to the fact people are only introduced to each other and still have to find out what way they are etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hehe
    DarraghMc Darragh

Wow made it ma, Xposé, and I didn't even see it. Ttyl. Off to Krystle with my new BFF Glenda!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Sofa King wrote: »
    And to be honest, the first night is always going to be awkward and not as fun due to the fact people are only introduced to each other and still have to find out what way they are etc.

Unless of course the host's snake shíts on the dining table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Casey_81

Mr E wrote: »

oh... wonder who that could be. Looking forward to it now.

Advertisement