Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three in Donegal

Options
  • 13-06-2011 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got a Three phone in Donegal/Derry? If so, how do they find coverage? My contract with O2 expired a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been looking at other networks and tariffs.

I’m tempted by Three’s iPhone 4 offer but, as it’s a 24 month contract, I’m swaying towards waiting for the next model. I currently have an iPhone 3G and have a good few paid apps which is why I’m looking at Apple instead of Android. Also, there’s new Android models out every few weeks so you wouldn’t have ‘the latest handset’ for very long.

I think my best course of action would be to order a free Three SIM card for my iPhone 3G and use it for a month or so to see what coverage is like. If I’m happy with coverage at that point, I’ll evaluate what’s happening with news of release of the next iPhone model and make my decision then. Obviously, I don’t want to get tied down with a 24 month contract if coverage isn’t optimal in my area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Wise decision.I'm in the South West & I got a 3 sim to try it out & see how it goes.Very good so far.In fact the other day I got service where my partner on O2 had nothing on her Iphone 3.Made me smile :)
    I presume your O2 contract was the 18 month one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Wise decision.I'm in the South West & I got a 3 sim to try it out & see how it goes.Very good so far.In fact the other day I got service where my partner on O2 had nothing on her Iphone 3.Made me smile :)
    I presume your O2 contract was the 18 month one ?

Yeah, the O2 was 18 months. I've just ordered a free Meteor SIM as well. Meteor will be offering the iPhone 4 soon so I can only assume that they'll also offer the next model.

I want to be able to jump on the best deal available when it's released without worrying about network limitations. I'm going to port my O2 number over to Three and just try the Meteor SIM card for a few days at work and home.

Advertisement