Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCandy Cherry

Options
  • 13-06-2011 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi there
    Does anyone have any feedback on the iCandy Cherry? I am a dad and 6 foot 2” – I am wonder would the pram be suitable due to the handle not being adjustable…. Before we purchase I want to see if anyone else bought this pram and had any issues with the non-adjustable handle?
    Also do you know of any good shops or web sites where we could get a good deal?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No it is not suitable for tall people to push,I am not that tall and I found it low.
    You can not buy icandys new online not very sure why.
    It is a lovely buggy otherwise and was in our top 5 before we bought one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gtolan

Thanks Moonbeam
    Do you mind me asking - which pram did you end up purchasing?
    We are also considering the Bugaboo Bee - which has extendable handle and also is light weight.
    Thank you

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Light weight was not a requirement for me so got the Maxi cosi mura 4. I love it as do my kids.
    My light weight buggy is a petit zia and as far as strollers go it is great,I am not a big fan of anything with out inflatable types.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Storm_rages

I love my icandy, its so light. Mind you i'm five foot nothing, but my husband is taller (maybe not as tall as you but not far off) and he has no issue with it..

The Icandy people don't allow shops to sell it online but we got ours out in saggart and they did a for a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I don't know about the iCandy Cherry, but we bought the iCandy Apple and would never have another buggy! Totally love it. The handle on the Apple is extendable and my brother who is 6'4 can push is comfortably. HTH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

agree the apple is a dream to push. i hated how low all the other buggys where and i'm only 5'6

HI there Shelli2 and bulmersgal
    Thanks for the advise - I have watched a few demo videos on line for the Apple and it looks really cool and easy to put up and take down.... Also the extendable hand rest which is great for me...

Could you tell me - do you know of any good shops to purchase the icandy? Which also provide a good price?
    Did you find purchasing the accessories over the web cheaper or direct from the shop?

Many thanks
    gtolan

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I bought mine second hand on ebay, never had any problems with it. I even found the customer service from Apple UK to be amazing, even though I had bought it second hand, when the rain cover was stolen I emailed asking where I could buy one and they sent me one for free!

Shelli2 - this is great feedback thanks...
    Looking more likely that we will purchase a icandy apple....
    Just to find the best deal now..
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

murphys in rathcoole is where I got mine at the time 18 months ago i found them the cheapest. Wait till the sales you won't get a lot off but you will get a lot of extras free. Eurobabies are also cheap but at the time murphys gave me few things extra free.

• Advertisement

Great thank you
    I will check out Eurobaby and Murphys
    Rgds

Hello
    I am really considering purchasing an icandy peach in the next few days.
    Does anyone have any feedback on the good and bad points for this type of push chair?
    I am going to get the carrycot and stroller.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

There's no need for a new thread - this one will do just as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 adrenaline mammy

Hi gtolan

You are probably a dad at this stage. I am a proud owner of the ocandy peach and couldn't praise it enough ( as a single buggy anyway!) Easy to fold, lightweight, great adaptability. thrilled. However... this is where I would appreciate help and opinions from other icandy peach blossom owners. I have 2 little girls under 2 (20mts and 6 mts). Up to now the icandy peach as a double buggy has been fantastic. But my 6mt old is growing fast and is nearly the full length of the lower seat and her legs seem quite uncomfortable. I am quite disappointed now as I spent alot on this buggy and now I am considering investing in an alternative double buggy. Any other peach blossom owners out there with similar stories or advice?

Advertisement