Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank - upgrading to (college) student account.

Options
  • 13-06-2011 11:21am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I started an Ulster Bank account when I was 17, so it's an Adapt account that I have. I'm 19 now, having just finished 1st year of college in UCD (local branch is Dundalk).

I've had a great experience with UB so far, but I'm just wondering is there any benefit (and is it possible!?) to upgrade to a (third level) Student Account?

Last time I was lodging money she said I could do it and I would even be able to get a credit card with a low limit (apparently even without an active source of income I can still get one!) but to wait until September when the academic year starts up again.

Is this definitely possible, and do I actually have to wait until September? UB aren't actually in UCD, there's an AIB in UCD.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

UB standard student account can come with €650 over draft interest free and a student credit card with €400 without the need of income. The over draft limit applies till the following sept with the idea that you clear it over the summer.

Larger facilities are available but are subject to t&c.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thank you, as always you're very helpful!

Do I need to wait to September to be able to 'upgrade' to a student account?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

No bother. You don't have to but sometimes they launch the product closer to sept. But the offer will be the same then. Other banks do free stuff and it's different every year.

UB seem to keep the same stuff.

All you should need is proof of a college place. So it may be handy to use your current student ID.

Advertisement