Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asus p67 pro cpu cooler issue

Options
  • 13-06-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

hi lads.
    lookin for some advice on a cpu cooler. i currently have the asus p67 pro mobo with dominator ram and the corsair a70 cpu cooler.
    my problem is the cooler is too big and it covers a dimm slot to limit my expansion slots to just 3 available, now i plan on upgrading my ram from 4GB (currently installed) to 8 or 16GB.
    im currently in the process of returning my mobo to asus for the b3 revision model :mad: , and wanted to change the cooler while i was at it, to save me the hassle in the future.

anyone know of a good air cooler that will clear my corsair dominator ram, i can remove the fins if need be.
    i was also lookin at possibility of water cooling with something like this

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/9420766/art/antec/h2o-620-liquid-cooling-ki.html

iv never had water cooling before so i am a bit wary of the dangers to other components from a leak or worse from the water cooler..... has anyone got any experience with water cooling and or recommendations for water cooling?

ps: i will be overclocking (current clock 4.5ghz i5 2500k)

Advertisement