Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network device powering itself up randomly

Options
  • 13-06-2011 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Odd one here.

I have a wireless Internet Radio which I've had for 4 years, connected to my home network - never had a problem before until I changed the router last week.

The radio now comes out of standby randomly & starts playing at all hours of the day (or night).

Its almost like a wake up on LAN type thing, but cant find anything in the router config that could be causing it - any ideas ?

I'm using one of the Eircom Zyxel routers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Whats the Model number of the Wireless Radio? Might be able to find a guide online.

Sounds like Wake on Lan all right or something similar.

I wonder is something \ someone connecting to it over the internet.. perhaps your last router had a better firewall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

It's a Bush TRF - firewall is pretty solid & I've checked for incoming traffic but all seems fine - I wonder is the router pinging for some reason & that's causing it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

I have a Roku and my microwave causes songs to skip forward when streaming from iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Perhaps the lease time on the DHCP is expiring every 8 hours and when it renews, the radio starts up.

Should be easy enough to test it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Perhaps the lease time on the DHCP is expiring every 8 hours and when it renews, the radio starts up.

Should be easy enough to test it.

That may be it - it was set to 3600 seconds (1hr) - I've extended it and will see if that changes things

ta

• Advertisement
Advertisement