Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Higher level Maths = The Aftermath *

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 spazzy

∈of C....(complex)........................D
    Oh if i keep scrutinizin my mistakes i'll cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 flanker1992

< 0........(negative).......................C
    Solutions up

where can we see them?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

where can we see them?

There in another thread called Maths HL paper 2 solutions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

∈ of N...(positive).........................B
    Do you lose marks for not writing units after your answer? It says to write them in on the front of the paper, but it doesn't actually say you lose marks! (Hopeful..!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

Do you lose marks for not writing units after your answer? It says to write them in on the front of the paper, but it doesn't actually say you lose marks! (Hopeful..!)
    I just think they mean answers in terms of X or Y or pi or something. The question itself would specify.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

PJelly wrote: »
    I just think they mean answers in terms of X or Y or pi or something. The question itself would specify.

Ooh so writing 'metres' or whatever doesn't matter?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

< 0........(negative).......................C
    Don't look at the answers. They shall depress you! I am still hopeful of my B though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

∈of C....(complex)........................D
    Failed for sure..FML

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pons

quoted from a newspaper
    "being a HL maths teacher for 25 years this year had certainly been the worst year for my students.I have never seen as many students coming out crying from the exam hall.Firstly giving out-of-course material to students is totally ridiculous and secondly putting harder questions on paper-2 is ridiculous.
    I think with the continously rising failure rates and the drop in the number of students taking H.L maths the department ought to encourage them instead of dis-heartening them!
    I have never seen as many sad faces as I did this year.
    The department should alter the marking schemes this year or maybe give the 25 extra points this year.
    I am totally appalled with the standards of the papers this year and so are the students."-a maths teacher from nenagh was qouted saying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pons

"the department is a disgrace for torturing these students with the horrible questions"-teacher from donegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

∉ of Q....(craaaaazy)....................Fail
    If I get a D3 I'll be happy enough. So long as I didn't fail it, I'm happy. There's always the special entrance exams we can do if we don't do well.

Advertisement