Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with painting?

• 13-06-2011 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi

Hope somebody can help me?

I am going to paint my driveway entrance wall but need a bit of help with something.

I power washed of most of the old paint as some parts of the paint will not come off, so now im left with some parts bare wall and some parts paint.

How can i paint over this to make it look nice and smooth as the old paint is raised a little bit? i.e( any painters tips for me)

Hope I explained it right if not plesee just say so

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Nitromorse and a wire brush - and plenty of elbow grease!
    Or if it is a large area you may look at sandblasting - not always an option though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 riddler95

Would agree with Nitro & wire brush

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭waynestledger

Thanks very much. So no other choices then just a bit of elbow greese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭D.Craftsman

what about a heat lamp/ blow torch? Would that work?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Get some exterior filler and fill around the edges of the remaining paint patches. If the paint was flaking off the walls in some places you should scrape it back to a sound base and give the whole wall a coat of stabilising solution.

• Advertisement
Advertisement