Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption or Call Of Duty (Black Ops)

Options
  • 13-06-2011 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭

I have a voucher that is burning a hole in my pocket and cant decide between these 2 games. Can anyone help me make a decison? Ive heard RDR called GTA in the wild west. I dunno if this was sposed to be a good or bad thing?

Thanks for helping

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

red dead, there's just no competition.

it's.. such a better game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

red dead for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 irish_whiskey

I am a love of Black Ops... I found Red Dead very long... dont get me wrong, longevity is good but I prefer the fast paced action :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Most definitely RDR. There's a free multiplayer DLC coming out for it soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Red Dead. BLOPS was a poor game, RDR was a great game.

Easy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Healium wrote: »
    Most definitely RDR. There's a free multiplayer DLC coming out for it soon!

what is it?link?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Red Dead is a bit overrated but still a good game, and you can get a lot out of it. It's a good thing to be called GTA in the west, but the setting can be a bit empty at times. Some might say it adds to the atmosphere thoguh. Good story, it's fun to ride around and explore, but the missions can be awfully repetetive. Multiplayer isn't great, but still fun occasionally so it's a better package than Black Ops.

Black Ops is what it is, another CoD game, rubbish in single player, but good if you like the style of multiplayer it offers - more focus on using perks and levelling than winning or skill (skill as compared to Quake III and it's ilk)

If you're into multiplayer get Blops, if you like single player games with a bit of depth go RDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Red Dead definitely, Black Ops is the same rehashed cod game all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 irish_whiskey

Not a lot of COD fans in here i see? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Call of duty is shovelware - Avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

What are you after ? A single player game or Multiplayer ?

RDR if your just after SP(Althought it does have MP.. just not FPS multiplayer :D). BLOPs for MP... not really a hard decision really.

Also you get a lot of CoD haters in this forum so don't go entirely off replys in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,797 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Red Dead. One of the best games in recent years. Can't see how people are saying it's repetitive..... while comparing it to COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FranSansisco

i thought rdr was a bag of ****e, brought it back after 2 weeks and bough heavy rain instead
    dont have cod

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Go for red dead, its a great investment I bought my copy a year ago and I still get great enjoyment from playing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

What Magill said. If you're not connected online and you're just going to play the story mode get Red Dead. If you are online, and want multiplayer, get Black Ops.

Personally, I get bored of single player storys. I like the idea of a multiplayer where I can just jump straight into the action for a few 10 minute games without a story. So I'd get Black Ops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Have both and would pick Red Dead any day of the week, i enjoyed the story and the online aspect. Black ops online is good also, but its not the best FPS ( ahem, Battlefield )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Profondo Rosso

Get both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Get Assassins Creed: Brotherhood.

It's better than both of them.

Get Red Dead, it's a fantastic(if slightly flawed) game. I've only played the demo of Black Ops but it did not impress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

+ 1 for RDR. Can get repetitive after a while, but you'll enjoy every second up until then.

Haven't fired up my Black ops in ages, but I'll throw on RDR for a spin every so often. Can't beat heading up to the mountains and sniping bears to pass the time away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

Big cod fan, but red dead is sooo much better!

red dead anyday :L

Advertisement