Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkshakes

Options
  • 13-06-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I have an ice-cream van and I want to make milkshakes for the summer. I want to do all the flavours with all the chocolate bars in them. Does anyone know the quantiities and equipment needed for these? Or should I just go into one of the milkshake shops and look at what they are doing??

Is it soft serve ice cream that is used?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Real milkshakes are milk and icecream + flavouring.
    If someone tries to give me a soft, soft serve ice cream and try to tell me its a milkshake then I won't be buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Days

I want to do it properly so I won't be giving you the wrong product I promise!!

Was just at a milkshake shop and they have 250 flavours!! Think I'll have to refiine the amount of flovours I'll be able to stock.

Thanks any other comments??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MrBroker

I don't know the exact quantities unfortunately but the last few I've had have been

Bar of choice + soft serve icecream + milk into a blender and then into a cup :) Only equipment I could spot was the icecream machine & the blender

Might be best to pop into one of them regularly and ask a few subtle questions

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If you want to make real milkshakes, you need a mixer, flavours and cups.
    I would recommend a Hamilton beach mixer, you can choose how many heads you want I have a 3 head model myself but you can get singles as well.
    Mixing cups Stainless are best but you can also get alloy.
    Plain vanilla ice cream.
    I usually put 3 or 5 scoops of Ice cream into the cup, and about 300ml of cold milk then add your flavouring.
    Whiz it until thoroughly mixed and then pour it out.
    Putting bars and the like into the shake? I don't know about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Putting bars and the like into the shake? I don't know about that.

You're missing out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I make them in work, and they're simple :)

150mls of milk, one chocolate bar or 4 biscuits (broken into pieces) or one pack of sweets like Maltesers, one smoothie cup (about 500mls I think) of soft ice cream (the one from the machines), stick it into a blender and blend for approximately 30 seconds. Test it by shaking the blending cup and if it's too thick, add a little more milk and blend for a further 15-20 seconds.

Advertisement