Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical work: how much should it cost?

Options
  • 13-06-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

Could somebody give me a ballpark figure for the cost of installing 8 deck lights in the outside patio, 1 twin outdoor socket and 1 outdoor junction box (for a small water fountain), which all can be switched on from inside the patio door?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭hohojojo

are you supplying everything or are you looking supply and fit

how hard is it to get power out to the patio if you are putting a socket and water feature out there you need to come from a socket

will the patio have to be lifted and ground be dug

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

hohojojo wrote: »
    are you supplying everything or are you looking supply and fit

how hard is it to get power out to the patio if you are putting a socket and water feature out there you need to come from a socket

will the patio have to be lifted and ground be dug

1) I'm open to either just getting it fitted, or supplied and fitted. It depends on the price.

2) The fountain will be 3-4 metres from the back door, while the patio will be two metres from the fountain. I suspect one option is that a hole could be drilled under the floorboard inside the back door and through the wall to supply the outside as all electrical work can be switched on from inside the back door.

3) The patio is timber floored and I'm currently thinking the eight lights can be put into it, or placed on the timber rim along the patio. Again I'd be open to suggestions depending on cost.

Advertisement