Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E52 settings for O2

Options
  • 13-06-2011 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I have a Nokia E52 that used to be a Vodafone phone, but I got it unlocked and it now works with O2.
    I was speaking to an O2 helpdesk person on Saturday and tehy sent me the internet and mms setings for the phone. The internet settings seem to work but I cannot get the mms settings to work at all (no picture messaging).
    The O2 rep. sent me an e-mail which describes how to manually configure the settings for mms except teh setings are for a Nokia E51 - and she tells me that they (O2) don't have the settings for an E52. The settings are as follows:
    Press the Menu button and go to Tools > Settings > Connection > Access points and select Open. Press Options and select New access point and select Use default settings.
    Insert the following settings...
    Connection name: o2 MMS Postpay
    Data bearer: Packet data Access point name: wap.dol.ie
    User name: user
    Prompt password: No
    Password: leave as is
    Authentication: Normal

My only problem is that I cannot get to the screen that gives me the option to change the access points.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Bump....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Select Menu > Messaging and Options > Settings > Multimedia message

then go to 'access point in use'

Let me know how you get on. You could always try sending the settings :> http://www.o2online.ie/Utilities/settings/default.do

Davy wrote: »
    Select Menu > Messaging and Options > Settings > Multimedia message

then go to 'access point in use'

Let me know how you get on. You could always try sending the settings :> http://www.o2online.ie/Utilities/settings/default.do
    Thanks Davy,
    Changed them manually (and also used the link) but pics keep stalling in the outbox. The O2MMS settings are correct it seems.

Internet settings are fine but it is just the MMS for some reason. Looks like a trip to the Nokia shop for me.

Cheers.

Whoop Whoop - Success!
    Message to say that the message was undeliverable (when i sent a pic message to myself) but then a pic message was delivered a few minutes ago.
    Thanks Davy!

Advertisement