Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Vinegar in Dublin City

Options
  • 13-06-2011 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm looking for white vinegar that I can use for cleaning around the house. It's a great alternative to using chemicals. I've got it before in Australia in a big four litre container. I don't mean the distilled stuff you put on your chips. I've checked most of the supermarkets around the city but can't find it. To be honest I'm not sure what section it would be in? With cleaning products I would assume but not sure exactly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

I am interested too. I use plain white vinegar for making poached eggs. Cooking them in distilled vinegar is not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Musgraves and other Cash'n'Carry places have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Tesco sell it.

89c or something for 500ml, nice on chips and cleans everything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

I just use regular white vinegar for cleaning windows and mirrors as it leaves them smear free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Sonos

MNN,

Have you tried this stuff?
    http://www.lillysecoclean.com/index.html

We use it for cleaning at home and it's a pretty good alternative to chemical products if you ask me.

On their website they have a list of outlets in Ireland where you can find their products. It looks like they're in SuperValu now.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Sonos wrote: »
    MNN,

Have you tried this stuff?
    http://www.lillysecoclean.com/index.html

We use it for cleaning at home and it's a pretty good alternative to chemical products if you ask me.

On their website they have a list of outlets in Ireland where you can find their products. It looks like they're in SuperValu now.

S
    It's got plenty of chemicals in it. :confused: They're just derived from coconut waste etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭goosie2005

i like to clean with vinegar too. My friend was only saying yesterday that you can get it really cheap in a big bottle,in a "?Hungarian shop around the corner from cineworld on Parnell st"..haven't been there myself yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try Asian/African shops. I get 5 litre bottles there.
    Tonnes of uses.

Advertisement