Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which newspaper is better?

Options
  • 13-06-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

planing to advertise my business opportunity on newspaper ,does any konw which newspaper is better and cheaper for this?thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

rates for advertising depend on the papers and their circulation.

there are more effective ways of advertising (depending on your target market) - google/facebook use targetted advertising showing the advert only to those which their systems show that they have an interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭walter

we'r a foreign disinfectant detergent agency company in ireland and tring to find a irish manufacture to work with ,do u think the newspaper would be better way to advertise?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ivorystraws

I definitely agree with PCPhoto, you'll get a much higher return on your marketing investment online, you can directly target your market more accurately and most importantly, you can measure the effectiveness on what online marketing methods are working and which are not.

If you're looking to partner with an existing business. then have you tried any of the Irish classified sites which allow people to buy, sell or invest in a business?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭walter

thank you for your reply,i have add my business opportunity ads into several irish classified website,hope to get some positive news back from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ivorystraws

Well classified ads have some merit but I'm specifically referring to sites such as:
    http://www.simple.ie
    http://www.irishbusinesssales.com
    http://www.businessesforsale.ie
    ...etc. These sites (and other similar ones) specifically deal with selling, buying or investing in businesses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Who's your target market?

Commercial or domestic customers?

If you are looking for a manufacturing partner then you are wasting your money on online advertising and to a lesser extent print advertising.

If it's a manufacturer (as oppose to a distributer) then I suggest that you contact an agency such as IDA Ireland who will probably give you a list of suitable companies that might work with you.

If you're looking for a distributer then do a bit of research on the market here, the pool is small.

You're probably better off targeting potential clients rather than advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 niallys

why not post it here for free. I am always interested in this kind of thing!

Advertisement