Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone can recommend a good garage in wexford?

Options
  • 13-06-2011 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

As the title says, what are the best places in Wexford to get your car serviced? Things to be taken into consideration would be quality of work, costumer service and cost.
    Anyone who owns a car these days knows that looking after it if you don't have the skills/tools to DIY can be very expensive so a good, reliable mechanic/garage, that offers good costumer care and value for money would be high on every driver's list. And in fairness, the honest, hard working people deserve to be known and that could only be a good thing for everybody (more business for the ones that deserve it and peace of mind for the paying costumer).
    I'd be happy to bring my car in to a garage for servicing, without having to worry about the quality of the work being done on it, or about out of this world prices or other problems they come across being overlooked (not informing the owner) just because they were not on the to do list of things i initially asked for. I need a few things done to my car at the moment and don't know where to go, which is the reason i started this thread.
    If anybody knows a reputable garage/mechanic please let the others know. More work for local businesses can only be a good thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

If its an old:ish car, theres a auld fella Jimmy in Carcur, just opposite the Honda garage who never lets me down, i just happened on him by chance one day but he's brilliant.

No connection, dont even know his 2nd name, ill pm you his nr if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

Owen Dempsey in Castlebridge always does good work for me and the price is always decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

polish chap in enniscorthy he,s very good will all the top line tool's computer,s ect i can pm you his number if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ciara.smilie

Go for Fast Fit on 1798 street - the road between county council and the new cinema. Prices are good, service is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bmwbmc

Thank you all for the input.
    This info will come in handy for other people looking for a good reliable place to get their cars fixed.

• Advertisement

Murtinho wrote: »
    If its an old:ish car, theres a auld fella Jimmy in Carcur, just opposite the Honda garage who never lets me down, i just happened on him by chance one day but he's brilliant.

I drive a '03 BMW 5 series. It is packed with electronics, i know, but after all it's still a car, the old principles apply to it as well (it still needs an oil change every now and then, sparkplugs, etc). So i guess it wouldn't hurt to have his number if.
    Thank you.

hop2it wrote: »
    polish chap in enniscorthy he,s very good will all the top line tool's computer,s ect i can pm you his number if you like

Please do. The onboard computer in the BMW cars (and other cars too) controls a lot of components and allows for easy diagnostic once you have the right tools to connect with it. The dealer is charging a fortune if it's not under warranty. So is always good to know someone who has the tools for a proper and easy reading of the faults stored in the computer's memory.
    Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

Go to Screen Motors in Curracloe and ask for Ritchie, really sound mechanic who wont screw you over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Murtinho wrote: »

+1 for Jimmy Daly

053 9144118

Family have used him for years. Doesn't have to be an old car either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

jd wrote: »
    +1 for Jimmy Daly

053 9144118

Family have used him for years. Doesn't have to be an old car either.

I was going to recommend the same person! But thought his name was mattie!! Family have been going to him for years. Gentleman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Another vote for Jimmy Daly here...

Advertisement