Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh if it had happened...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Killed by Skynet, definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 irish_whiskey

Hahaha now that was a brilliant response. I seriously think something crazy would have developed from that. Mario would have replaced Cloud in FF7 or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Naughty dog still be making crash bandicoot games and sega would still be around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

It did happen.....it was called a playstation:Dapparently sony pulled out due to nintendo being awkward and decided **** it we will make our own:pac:

So basically Nintendo shot themselves in the foot and though F*** we are dumbasses lol

• Advertisement

So basically Nintendo shot themselves in the foot and though F*** we are dumbasses lol

well they made up for it with the n6....no oh yeh the gamecu oh wait no......ah sure 3rd time lucky the wii:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a good story. Nintendo really made a fool out of sony. The playstation was announced by Sony as a SNES CD add on at a trade conference and afterwards at the same conference Nintendo announced that they had changed partners and were working with philips on a CD add on that never materialised, making themselves a new enemy at the same time.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's a good story. Nintendo really made a fool out of sony. The playstation was announced by Sony as a SNES CD add on at a trade conference and afterwards at the same conference Nintendo announced that they had changed partners and were working with philips on a CD add on that never materialised, making themselves a new enemy at the same time.

jaysus nintendo never go ahead with anything,panasonic gamecube PanaQ.jpg

FapFap.png
    oh sorry :o

I seriously doubt that Sony would have entered the video game industry if they didn't pick up that ball dropped from Nintendo. Ha god imagine, one decision changed it all

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

well they made up for it with the n6....no oh yeh the gamecu oh wait no......ah sure 3rd time lucky the wii:D
    They made it up by making a profit on every console they sold...

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    They made it up by making a profit on every console they sold...

profit yes but n64 and gamecube where considered flops.....i dont i had em both:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Not to mention handhelds

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

profit yes but n64 and gamecube where considered flops.....i dont i had em both:D

I'm not sure that two consoles that were making a profit from day one on sale can made millions especially compared to the Xbox which lost billions could be considered a flop by any stretch of the imagination.

Advertisement