Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need offers! Looking for an unplugged Band to play near Bantry

• 13-06-2011 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi,

I am looking for a band, that is available to play on the 24th or 25th of June - evening 2-3hours - in a living room in Ballylickey, County Cork
    I am pretty open to the style, as long as the equipment (and guests) fits in the living room. So it can be traditional irish, or blues/jazz, pop/rock unplugged.

If you are playing in a band nearby or if you know somebody who would be interested, let me know.
    Maybe there is a website I could check out where local bands promote their music and offer gigs.
    Any recommendation?

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

This site might be worth a shot. Could help or might not but has a variety of acts so thought id throw it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭thegoodwillout

Have you found a band yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Muse007

No, not yet - the 'private' acoustic music market is more expensive than i thought.
    It is also challenging to find a band from county Cork...there are a few ones that only play on weddings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Cork guitarist

Can I ask, what is the occasion, and approx age group?
    Do you just want music in the background, or would you want the guests to join in, or dance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Muse007

It's a birthday party, with around 20 people - age group: 28 - 40
    I'd like something original, not too many cover songs and I'd like people to dance a bit... so no background music.
    Probably there will be one or two people who can play the guitar and might to join, but that depends on the atmosphere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement