Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Extinguisher servicing - Cork

Options
  • 13-06-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I have been to 2 different companies for annual check / service of fire extinguishers in the last few years.

they both seem expensive for what I'm getting and I'm not sure I trust either of them (apparently they used to work for the same firm and there's a bit of bad mouthing action...).

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm working for a non-profit and I really don't want to be wasting our precious funds.

We have 34 extinguishers in total (17 powder, 17 CO2 I think) and have just received an invoice for €650 (includes 3 replacement CO2 extinguishers). Last year we spent €1300 refilling the whole lot.

It seems an awful lot of money to me?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Hi Nickibop,

Not sure if that is dear or not but I would go to the goldenpages and get a quote off all of the companies listed for fire protection if I were you.

We use O Sullivan Fire Protection Ltd. They are reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Hi Nickibop,

If the service was done correct it does not seem to high, especially as there were three new extinguishers supplied. The €1300.00 sounds high though.

With out knowing the circumstances I would expect something on the lines as follows

3 x 2kg co2 @ €75-€85 ea
    Test discharge and refill a third of the extinguishers @ €35.ea
    Service cost on the extinguishers @ €3 -€5 ea
    Plus the vat.

You could do better (and worse) price wise and a cheaper price does not mean that the work would be done properly.

PM me if you want help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 John Cronin

Hi, check out John Cronin Fire & Safety on www.firesafetycork.ie

I am BAFE certified so you can be sure your fire extinguishers will be serviced and maintained properly & at a reasonable price.

Annual maintenance contract - €10 exc. VAT per extinguisher
    2kg CO2 or 6kg Powder or 6ltr Foam - €50 exc. VAT

Advertisement