Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about repeating the LC

• 13-06-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

1. I know that if you repeat your leaving cert, you can't add points from different years but if you are repeating for points, do you have to do 6 subject? I am only doing 6 and if I get a pass in english, but fail my LC I don't want to have to repeat english for just 5 points.

2. I did the construction and DCG project this year and both of them had to be done on the school computer and during school hours with supervision from a teacher. If I repeated my LC outside of school how does this work with projects?

This may seem a little confusing. Just ask if you don't know what I mean. Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Stickjesus wrote: »

2. I did the construction and DCG project this year and both of them had to be done on the school computer and during school hours with supervision from a teacher. If I repeated my LC outside of school how does this work with projects?

You would need to do the projects again under the supervision of a teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Stickjesus

Well that kind of sucks. I guess I would have to set that up with whatever school I'm applying through. Hopefully I won't have to repeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Catacomb

Well that kind of sucks. I guess I would have to set that up with whatever school I'm applying through. Hopefully I won't have to repeat

Just go in for the projects and study at home if you don't want to repeat school as such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

2. I did the construction and DCG project/QUOTE]

If I was you i'd go in at 9 of whenever you start and do an hour on your DCG project then an hour on your construction project and then go home at 11. You''ll be up early every morn and you''ll have a good chunk of work already done and also an hour a day on each should keep you ahead of schedule. You should plan to have both finished by christmas. If there's theory classes you could still be working away somewhere on your construction project if not the practical you could be doing the folder.

Advertisement