Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobh - Sweet Shop

Options
  • 13-06-2011 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Was really excited on the weekend (so easily pleased) to see that Aunty Nellie's Sweet Shop has opened in Cobh town. When I heard it had opened, I raced down there (what is it about an old style sweet shop that makes you feel like you're about 6 years old?). It's added a real buzz to the place. Anyway thought I'd share this bit of news to those in East Cork - we'd better stack up now before those tourists step off the cruise ships and buy all our sweeties!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

Judes wrote: »
    Was really excited on the weekend (so easily pleased) to see that Aunty Nellie's Sweet Shop has opened in Cobh town. When I heard it had opened, I raced down there (what is it about an old style sweet shop that makes you feel like you're about 6 years old?). It's added a real buzz to the place. Anyway thought I'd share this bit of news to those in East Cork - we'd better stack up now before those tourists step off the cruise ships and buy all our sweeties!!! :D

Hi Judes, the one on North Main Street might be handy during your lunch break.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

or Oliver Plunkett St. seems sweet shops are really popular these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Oh yes, I know I have the sweet shops in the teeth (bet the dentists are behind these new shops!) :D But having one in Cobh - makes the town seem even better! My friend tried to get sweets at lunchtime and told me the kids were queueing to get in there. That just puts a smile on my face.

Advertisement