Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc alarm upgrade

Options
  • 13-06-2011 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

hi all i decided to upgrade my existing honeywell alarm system with with the hkc secure watch panel.When i do the walk test the existing pirs etc work perfectly but i cannot get my new combined inertia sensors with reed to work.I have 2 of these which are on their own zones with a single six core cable and was wondering if anybody could tell me what is best way to termiate these inertia sensors

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What way have you wired them?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 murt07

hi fred i just used 4 cores out of the six.i used 2 for tamper and then linked out first 2 terminals and used final 2 terminals for sensor back to the panel

If you remove the cables for the zone in the panel does it show open in the open zones menu? Have you changed the zone hardware for the inertia zones? Are there resistors in the existing PIRs?

Just disconnected the two zones from the panel they both show open zones on the keypad,i tried the different options in the zone hardware without any joy. I didnt hard wire any resistors into the pir circuits they are all on their own zones but have a 15 ohm protective resistor for the alarm relay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Have you checked the cables for faults. Do the sensors show open when you remove the magnet ?

• Advertisement

hi altor the cables bell out on continunity and it does show open when i remove magnets have i connected the inertias correctly in the first place

Can you take a picture of the wiring at the sensor? Might help us figure it out.

It does sound like you have them connected correctly from your post plus when you remove the magnet it shows open. A photo will help. Have you changed any of the settings in the gross and pulse for the zone you have the sensor on ?

gross and pulse are both set at 4 do i need resistors as both sensors are single sensors on their own zones ie one for front door one for back door

Try wiring the sensor into the zone on a small length of cable beside the panel, then test the zone. Leave the contact of the sensor not connected when doing this. Then test the zone.

• Advertisement

thanks lads il try and get a picture up later and il see how i go with that short length of cable altor

thanks very much fred and altor i figured it out that the existing magnets had to move to line up properly with the reed switch i was only getting continunity occasionaly when i belled betwween inertia and magnet on a seperate note what is the difference between the single and double push panic alarm buttons

Glad you got it sorted. Double push buttons have two buttons that need to be pushed at the same time in order to avtivate the panic, single push have one. It's to help reduce false alarms.

thanks again fred i wired a single pa into my panel but it doesnt seem to be working is there any way of testing these or is it meant to be wired to the pa section on the panel.i changed the zone hardware to panic attack and still cant seem to get it working

You need to change the zone type to panic. If you activate the P.A does it show as an open zone ?

hi altor the zone type is set at panic and when i activated it it didnt show as open input

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What resistors are set in zone hardware?
    Whats set in attributes (Zone Options)?

hi kool kid the zone hardware is set at non eol as was wired and all options are set at no in zone options

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

So is this PA is just wired on a pair direct from the panel?
    If you disconnect the wires & separate them does it show open?

yeah direct from the panel kool kid il disconnect them tomorrow and see what happens thanks very much

• Advertisement

murt07 wrote: »
    hi altor the zone type is set at panic and when i activated it it didnt show as open input

I would check for crossed wires on the zone. Is the tamper closed also. If you disconnect the zone in the panel does it show open then ?

i disconnected the zone from the panel and it shows as open tampers are closed altor

If you disconnect the cables at the button does it show ad open on the keypad?

no fred it just shows open zone when i disconnect at the panic button

Maybe your wiring the panic wrong. The cable from the alarm side of the zone in the panel gets connected to a reed in the panic button. When you press the panic button the magnet moves allowing the reed to open. If you wire the panic and remove the lid then does the zone show open then ?

In the panic button there's a little reed switch, a little a glass tube with a wire coming out of each end. Those wires are each connected to a screw. your two cables from the panel should wire into those screws too, one cable for each screw.

ye have it connected like that fred when i discoonect the cables and bell the reed switch i get continunity does this indicate faulty device,should the magnet be n/o or n/c

If the cables are disconnected & you bell out the reed you should not get continuity if the lid is removed . What reading are you getting?
    The Panic should be NC when the lid is in place & the PA has not been pressed.
    NC zone is closed

it came up as 1.07 on ohm meter and 002 on continunity kool kid

• Advertisement

Yes. With the lid off the panic there should be no continuity between the the two ends of the reed. It should be NC.

Advertisement