Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scholarship Review

Options
  • 13-06-2011 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Does anyone know what is involved in a scholarship review?

I foolishly thought the money would be pumped into my account for three years but it seems there is a review process. This seems reasonable but it is normal to take a scholarship away after a year – it seems a little cruel :(. In retrospect I didn’t receive anything in writing so they are entitled to give the funds to someone else. Anyone know how these decisions are made?

(I spend my spare money on books – honest I do)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

If it's through the school (as opposed to an external body) it's not unusual to have a review, just to see you're making the progress you're supposed to and that the money is being put to good use! I have heard of scholarships being revoked on a couple of occasions but they didn't redistribute the money - in that case no-one gets it. It isn't a regular occurrence but it has been known. I wouldn't freak out about it though, it's just a check on your progress really.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭RubyRoss

Thanks for the reply, Pow wow,

it was through a school - so I think I'm being reviewed for teaching time and written work. That should be ok. Phew, you have put me at ease.

In my state of panic, I started thinking that maybe they would give the scholarship to someone else - the details were pretty vauge but I guess that it how individual departments are run these days.

Although, I will start thinking of good answer for what I've done with my money and remeber not to carry the designer (second-hand) bag to the interview. X

Advertisement