Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenhills hotel ennis road

• 13-06-2011 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭

Hi , Heading through your beautiful city tomorrow , coming from Waterford and heading to Greenhills hotel. Just wondering what's my best route to take as I head into Limerick . Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

All depends on what time youre arriving into Limerick at

I think the best route would be to come along the N24 until you reach the N7 and follow the signs for Galway. Take the tunnel (costs 1.80) and after the tunnel take the exit for Caherdavin and Coonagh...take the first exit off the Clonmacken roundabout and then you'll meet the Coonagh roundabout where you'll take the third exit (Limerick city centre) and hey presto, Greenhills is about 1 min drive from the Coonagh roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Between 4 and 5 pm tomorrow . Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Take the tunnel,would make it extremely easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Agreed, tunnel makes the whole thing so simple. Saves you driving through the city at possibly the busiest time of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Another Vote for the Tunnel.

Poxy was on the ball with directions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

+1 on the tunnel, straight forward

Yeah I have the trusty sat nav as well, mind you the maps probably 3 years old at this stage , so expect the old off road crack !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Once you take the exit immediatly after the tunnel (approx 500m) you can't go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

All depends on what time youre arriving into Limerick at

I think the best route would be to come along the N24 until you reach the N7 and follow the signs for Galway. Take the tunnel (costs 1.80) and after the tunnel take the exit for Caherdavin and Coonagh...take the first exit off the Clonmacken roundabout and then you'll meet the Coonagh roundabout where you'll take the third exit (Limerick city centre) and hey presto, Greenhills is about 1 min drive from the Coonagh roundabout.

Isnt it the 4th Exit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

your're right McLove - 1st exit is Coonagh, 2nd is Shannon/Ennis, 3rd is Tesco/Ferndale, 4th is for Greenhills.

Welcome to Limerick - enjoy ur visit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

When you are coming out of the hotel to get back on the Waterford road, turn left out of the hotel and carry on straight through the city centre.

Well got here lads nice place , amateur mistake looked out for the r7 instead of the n7 lol, ended up down Henry street where the sat nav kindly got be back on track. Hopefully less drama on way home just head back into the city then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Yes . Much easier on the way home. Just leave the greenhills heading straight into town and keep going straight on.

Advertisement