Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Australia - Retraining?

Options
  • 13-06-2011 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere but I did look....

Anyone know the script if someone who has worked in construction here in Ireland goes to Australia to work. What I am curious about is not the visa side, I was wondering do say electrician or mechanics or whatever qualifications count over there OR do you have to do some sort of training to get recognised?

Any info appreciated....

FH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Depends on the trade. Electricians and plumbers need to get their trades recognised and get licences. Most other trades can just go ahead and start work straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭flash harry

thanks, whats involved in getting it recognised/get license?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭sparks24

for the electrical licence it has to be approved by TRA first http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Programs/SkillsAssess/TRA/Pages/default.aspx

then which ever state you end up in you have to apply for a licence to the state board

they'll give you a provisional one untill you do a small bit of training about a week or so??? not to sure it vary's from state to state but its not much and then your fully licenced for that state only

if you move state you can have you licence exchanged as far as i know

Advertisement