Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games in Dublin

Options
  • 13-06-2011 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭

Could someone here recommend a shop in Dublin (as close to the city centre as possible) where I could pick up older titles such as Crysis and Modern Warfare for PC?

Perhaps no such shop exists?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Cex, round the corner from Jervis and Abbey St towards the quays....not sure on name of street though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Sunshine! wrote: »
    Cex, round the corner from Jervis and Abbey St towards the quays....not sure on name of street though!

Liffey Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

When I was at CEX they mostly had old pc games and they were not at the best prices. I think I will stick to steam :P

Oh and don't bother with COD on PC. There are far better FPS out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The one an only time I've been into CEX was about 4 days after they opened. They had no new games what-so-ever and had a couple of used ones on a 2 foot wide shelf. Very poor experience, but I'm sure it's better now. It has to be, it couldn't have been worse imho.

HMV can be good at times with a few offers on PC games from time to time. Be sure to check the different branches for offers if that interests you as different branches have different offers from other branches.
    It's probably the best of a bad bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

HMV, Game etc do have a small selection of PC games including MW2 and the like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Try the various GAME stores, they have several "2 for €40", "2 for €25" and "3 for €15" deals that include older PC titles. They also all have random stock so if you cant find what your after ask and they might be able to find on in the other stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Steam is your friend

VinLieger wrote: »
    Steam is your friend
    To be far, older titles are quite reasonably priced on Steam but most definitely can be found much cheaper on Amazon among others.
    The Steam summer sale should be coming up soon (sometime around the mid/end of month), if you have the credit card and download limit that could handle it you should probably get in on some of the action. Some great deals on recent and old games to be gotten there. But since you asked for a shop in Dublin then this might not be suitable for you.

Just a word of warning though, if you do happen to turn to Steam for some fairly recent games I wouldn't! New(ish) games on Steam are mostly €50, which is just plain scandalous (but that kind of talk is for another thread ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

Thanks for all the replies! I'll follow up all suggestions!

You should try g2play

I got portal 2 off them for €39.00 with no problems (payed by cc through paypal)

They have bad company 2 for only €12 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

If you want to play older games you really can't beat http://www.gog.com and are very reasonably priced.

I called into Game and got what I was looking for there (Crysis and MW1).

Now I need to know how to get Crysis to work on Windows 7 (64)!

Leopardi wrote: »
    I called into Game and got what I was looking for there (Crysis and MW1).

Now I need to know how to get Crysis to work on Windows 7 (64)!
    These might help.
    http://andrewblock.net/2009/08/14/crysis-64-bit-and-windows-7
    http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/625906-crysis-64-bit-windows-7-fix.html

Crysis 1 worked out of the box for me on w7 64 bit :confused: Make sure you are ruining the latest version of the game and you are launching the game as admin

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Crysis 1 worked out of the box for me on w7 64 bit :confused: Make sure you are ruining the latest version of the game and you are launching the game as admin

What's the easiest way for me to run the latest version? When I was installing it earlier my internet connection was down, so I couldn't access updates.

Leopardi wrote: »
    What's the easiest way for me to run the latest version? When I was installing it earlier my internet connection was down, so I couldn't access updates.
    Just download the patches.
    http://crysis.filefront.com/files/Crysis/Official_Releases/Patches;10331

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭PhosphoricAcid

Whats the name of the shops just off Henry St? Just the accross the way from River Island, near Shakeaway and Unique..anyone know it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Whats the name of the shops just off Henry St? Just the accross the way from River Island, near Shakeaway and Unique..anyone know it?

That's CEX i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Thanks to the magic of Steam the last PC game I bought for myself in a show was Bioshock. The prices might be higher for some games than a lot of shops but the sales are amazing!

Advertisement