Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloomsday

• 13-06-2011 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Just a quick post to see if anyone is coming out for Bloomsday.

I am a huge Ulysses fan (did the cycling tour on Sunday morning - suitable only for the fish but great fun nonetheless) and planning on dressing up for 3rd year in a row. Ms Clip-Clop is coming too (although complaining that female characters are mainly limited to prostitutes and Molly:)) so if you see a 29 year old Stephen (red waistcoat, grey scarf, straw hat and monocle) and miscellaneous Edwardian lady please come and say hello.

Planning on starting out with a dip in the Forty Foot, up to the Tower and then try to make Glasnevin Cemetery for 11:30am. From there plan is to head into town via Richmond Street, Belvedere, St Xavier's, the Centre on North Great George's street, Burgundy lunch in Davy Byrnes, Sweny's Chemists and then up to the Green for readings.

Finish up in Mulligans and possibly butcher "Loves Sweet Song" at some point.

Its always a great day and I'd encourage everyone, (even if you've never read it) to come out and participate/dress up/stick the nose into the Green if you're on lunch.

Anybody else marking the day?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I'm dressing up as Stephen Dedalus...with a feminine twist! Don't want to dress up as stereotypical Molly! It's a bit over done! (I'll post a picture in here of my outfit after!!!

I'm going to the Garden of Rememberance for a reading of FW and I'm going on the Bloomsday walk with a friend at 3.30. Might try and fit some burgandy and a gorgonzola sambo in there somewhere.

My MA class are heading out later in the day so a few pints will be consumed in his honour and we'll probably all have our books to have a bit of a giggle at the funny/dirty bits. ;)

Hope the forty foot isn't too cold...!!!

Happy Bloomsday everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭mumo3

So to reignite an old thread .... But looking for some advice, attending my first bloomsday this year, can anyone advise on where I would get an outfit (female) thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 10 redhen94

I'm never home for Bloomsday  but I've got an old picture of my great grandmother. She wears an old style light coloured blouse and an ankle length maxi skirt. I'm sure that sort of stuff can be arranged if you get the time. Happy Bloomsday everyone.

Advertisement