Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCJP & Fás

Options
  • 13-06-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Hi

I graduated with a 2:1 in BSc (Hons) in Applied Computing in 2009, I followed this with a one year internship program as a junior developer. I have been looking for work since and have had some interviews.

I am now thinking of doing the Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP) to help improve my knowledge and also to be able to say I am at something when I'm not working at the moment.

I got the book on it and think I can prepare myself for the exam. A few questions just, how beneficial would such a cert be going for a Junior developer type role?
    Also, will Fás pay for the exam since I am unemployed and can I just do the exam when I'm ready without doing some Fás course?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Hi,

I can't comment on your questions regarding the FAS course, but having looked for Java Developers myself in the past, I can tell you that having the SCJP now known as the OCJP certification would be looked upon quite positively especially of you don't have much practical experience.

Advertisement