Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Athlone IT from Athlone Train Station

Options
  • 13-06-2011 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hows it going folks,

I've an interview at Athlone IT research building on Friday, was wondering - what's the best way to get from the train station to AIT? Is there a regular enough bus service? Il be in Athlone at 12 and my interview is at 2.

The research building is the building at the back, correct?

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

You could get a bus from the Golden Ireland Shopping centre which is about half a km away but the easiest is to get a cab right outside the station, costs about €7 to the college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

It will only take 20 minutes or so to walk too if it's a nice day. Just head down the hill through the traffic junction which is your left as you leave the station. Walk straight on up into town and you'll see Dunnes stores across the road. Take a left then and go straight on out the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

AaronEnnis wrote: »
    Hows it going folks,

I've an interview at Athlone IT research building on Friday, was wondering - what's the best way to get from the train station to AIT? Is there a regular enough bus service? Il be in Athlone at 12 and my interview is at 2.

The research building is the building at the back, correct?

Cheers in advance!
    Nope that's the engineering building. The research building is just a little bit further out the Dublin road, just across the road from Shannon Retail Park where Smyths is. This will give you a better idea:
    http://www.ait.ie/tools/wheretofindus/
    The research building the the building in the very bottom-right of the map, just at the entrance to the east campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

Thanks a million for that lads, think Il stroll down if its dry. Cheers for the replies!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

20 Minutes?????
    No way man, more like 40 if you are strolling, you'd have to jog to make it in 20minutes.

I'd take a cab, you don't want to be rushing or all sweaty from a walk at an interview. Ask to driver to take you to Smyths toys, as he may drop you a couple of hundred meters away at the main campus and you'll end up looking around for your building.

Best of luck with the interview.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yeah it would definitely take more than 20 minutes to walk from the bus station/train station.

There are 2 buses running from Golden Island Shopping Centre fairly regularly. Bus Eireann one departs from right outside the shopping centre doors - Golden Island to Willow Park which is right across from the main gate of AIT. The other one is a shuttle bus type service that departs from around the traffic lights outside the gate of the SC.

From the main gate of AIT, keep walking past the Vet Clinic beside the college and cross the road at the roundabout, the research building in the same area as the East Campus (nurses building), right across from Smyth's/Pet World as far as I can remember. Seems like ages since I was out that way. Good luck with the interview!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Ah here, walking to the AIT or taking a taxi. The town bus passes by once an hour heading towards golden island. If it doesn't go straight to the college, you can get another bus eireann bus from there. Total cost about 3 euro. Just ask for a return and that will get you the whole way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Sure he's probably started the job by now, bought a house, had kids and retired at this stage.

Advertisement