Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social media people

Options
  • 13-06-2011 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

anyone scammed by this shower.. they sell advertising space for facebook for business..

Do not go near them .. they will keep helping themselves to your credit card.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue if related to business.

Moved to Business & Entreprenurial

dudara

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

anyone scammed by this shower.. they sell advertising space for facebook for business..

Do not go near them .. they will keep helping themselves to your credit card.

What shower exactly are you talking about? The company by the same name? You might want to elaborate a bit as to how they are scammers and elaborate. If you dont reply back in the next day I will just delete the thread for being pointless as it stands.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

If I'm getting this right, and you've given them your credit card details for them to simply buy Facebok adverts for you, then more fool you tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ondeball

Rookie error.

Get yourself into a course on Adwords of there a good Digital Media Marketing Course with Irish Times training - it's €1495 but you might be able to claim it back or get funding.

It included everything. There are plenty of more basic courses for much lower prices as well but it would mean that you'd avoid anything like this happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/the-social-media-people-net66-c429039.html

You don't need to give the Irish Times 1,500! You can easily do it yourself after a bit of self-training.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Net66Scam

I concur with the comments by sarahfrances on 13 June.
    She refers to Net66 which has a trading name of The Social Media People.

The company has attracted a huge amount of negative comment in UK - and the criticism is well documented and verifiable.

It's not just the concerns over the cavalier way it takes money from customers card accounts, but every aspect of the deal seems to be calculated to confuse customers, keeping them uncertain and off balance.

In UK several (at least) customers have won back their money using 'chargeback' procedures through their bank based on 'non-delivery of service'.

Take your business elsewhere.

The Net66 company also trades as:
    * Online Web Services
    * Lease Ranked Websites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Got a call from them today as thesocialmediapeople. I think lots of people will be caught out by them as it seems like a relatively small amount of money for a good result.
    Before I got to the phone, my sister (who owns the business) was about to sign up. I told them to email me and googled in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

There's a thread about them over on the SEO forums.

They look pretty dodgy alright.

Advertisement