Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student grant or other entitlements please help

Options
  • 13-06-2011 5:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48

Hi all,
    I'm hoping someone may be able to give me some advice ive applied for nursing as a mature student was hoping to get btea but am no longer entitled to it as i was on my husbands claim and hes now working (thank god) so i have to apply for social on my own now i only work 3 mornings a week my husbands job is low paid we have kids, mortgage, loans ect. and just would not be able to live on my husbands earnings alone, is there anything i can claim apart from student grant as that would only be 2400e for the year i cant even afford to pay the student services levy if offered a place. I've wanted to be a nurse for years and only built up the courage to apply this year ive done quite well on the test and would hate to give up on it now ive asked my job could i work evenings and weekends but they wouldn't have the work for me ive lost alot of hours over the past year, ive heard maybe i could defer for a year if lucky enough to get a place and hope to be in a better financial position then, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If you get the grant the student contribution levy is paid

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement