Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick! What to have with bolognese?

Options
  • 13-06-2011 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

In about an hour, I'll be heating up some bolognese, but I'm trying to decide what to have with it. Getting a bit bored with pasta, but it's difficult to find anything online about bolognese without mentioning spaghetti. I'm thinking some nice hot crusty bread with maybe a garlic clove or 2 rubbed into it and the bolognese piled high atop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭leviathon

I've lashed it over baked potato before, twas mighty altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

corblimey wrote: »
    In about an hour, I'll be heating up some bolognese, but I'm trying to decide what to have with it. Getting a bit bored with pasta, but it's difficult to find anything online about bolognese without mentioning spaghetti. I'm thinking some nice hot crusty bread with maybe a garlic clove or 2 rubbed into it and the bolognese piled high atop?

Sounds good, how about a baked potato and have the garlic bread on the side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I like it on very quickly steamed cabbage, mmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I'm thinking some nice hot crusty bread with maybe a garlic clove or 2 rubbed into it and the bolognese piled high atop?

This is a winner to go with Spag Bol - Lemon bread.

Get a baguette, cut it 2/3 the way down and about 1 inch intervals all the way along it.

To make the lemon butter - butter (obviously), some lemon juice and the zest of a lemon, little salt (but if using "real" butter, which I would suggest, then don't bother with salt), stir it all up until the juice and zest are mixed into the butter, then literally butter each side of the baguette and spread some of the butter along the top, wrap in tin foil, bake 180c for 20 mins - last 5 mins open up foil to make the top of the baquette crusty.

As a variation I've also made this with Orange and Lemon (zest and Juice) and just Orange - real zesty and fresh tasting

It sounds like a lot of hassle but it's not that bad and you can make a batch as they freeze really well and can be cooked from frozen (25 mins with last 5 open to make bread crusty).

Try it, it goes soooo well with Spag bol, the lemon is just amazing with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

bolognese, potato gnocchi, mozzarella :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 exscusethepig

chips + garlic bread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Dahtac

I have been known to wrap up a good lump of bolognese in a tortilla, bit of fresh mozeralla on top :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I have put mine over home made chips!! :P

Advertisement