Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

360s open tray question?

Options
  • 13-06-2011 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

Bit of a bizarre one, but when i press the open tray button on my 360 it doesnt make the notification sound anymore? Anyone any ideas why that would happen?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

What notification sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fishsticks

@justrryan I'm guessing its the kind of "ping" sound that comes out of the new Xbox 360 S version. When you press the touch sensitvie eject button it is ment to make a notification sound that it has read your touch.

@foxerv1 I was working at Xbox Customer Support but never came across this issue. Best bet is to call them and they will check their knowledge base. Hopefully you will get a good agent who knows what they are doing.
    http://support.xbox.com/en-ie/pages/call-us.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

fishsticks wrote: »
    @justrryan I'm guessing its the kind of "ping" sound that comes out of the new Xbox 360 S version. When you press the touch sensitvie eject button it is ment to make a notification sound that it has read your touch.

@foxerv1 I was working at Xbox Customer Support but never came across this issue. Best bet is to call them and they will check their knowledge base. Hopefully you will get a good agent who knows what they are doing.
    http://support.xbox.com/en-ie/pages/call-us.aspx

I wouldn't worry about it, if it ain't broken don't fix it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

justryan wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it, if it ain't broken don't fix it :D

Aye, in the end i just unplugged it for a while and hey presto, it worked again. Still funny though. I've never heard of it happening to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Is there not an option to turn off the notification sound in the settings, maybe it's just for the notification pop up. But have a look anyway, it might help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Aye, in the end i just unplugged it for a while and hey presto, it worked again. Still funny though. I've never heard of it happening to anyone.

Geez its Foxer...how you doing mate?

...I know I jumped in to find out about the sound...was scratching my head wondering...some old consoles can make a low grinding noise when opening - not good.

Advertisement