Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish listening exam - HL

• 13-06-2011 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Just wondering how hard is it marked?

Like if you spell something wrong but have the jist of it do you still get full marks? :D

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭samapp

I didn't like the listening in the slightest! What did you think? I hope they mark it that way! if you dont have the spelling but it sounds right I think hey give you some marks but deduct for bad irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

they usually just deduct marks for spelling at the end up to 5 depending how bad it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

One of the toughest Aurals i've ever heard. Ruined what had been up until then a reasonably good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Why oh why did it have to be the Conemara man pronouncing the name in Cuid C? They don't pronounce the ends of the words so you can only hazard a guess at the spelling of the surname, unless you'd actually heard it before. it was a tricky tape, but I thought it was fine overall.

I wrote loads, (like for every question saying 1 or 2, I wrote 2 or 3, or even 4 answers) does that make me more likely to lose marks over spelling? Or is it just a general mark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

If you write what the word sounded like, but you know it's completely the wrong spelling, do you get anything? Some of the convos were brutal, I thought the one with Noirín and Ciarán was bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Framble

If your spelling is comprehensible you still get the marks but you might not get the 10 marks at the end for quality of Irish...
    I've practiced with nearly every listening paper since 1998 and that was like the first time it felt like a race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 vagi_bleeder

Not the cry, but the flight of the wild duck, leads the flock to fly and follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

The awkward moment when I know the irish tape guy "leigh anois go curamach..." :P i thought it was grand.

When i got 'ailse' as the disease that des' dad died from in comhra 3, i was doing a little dance behind my irish paper :pac: coz that is one of the only tape words i remember from the little tape work we did all year in class :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

90 marks for your answer and its accuracy in translation to what was said

10 marks for the accuracy of your irish i.e. speling, grammar etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement