Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Tape change

• 13-06-2011 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Anyone else noticevhow they changed the 'leigh anois go curamach' lady?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Yeah, felt a bit unfamiliar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 StudiosStudent

Her tone was a lot more masculine, I think they've opted for a digital voice, so not to breech the rules of the Data protection act of 1988

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

What did they say (if you can remember)?

They must have wanted to shed the stereotype:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 shelbourneTID

Cant remember what was said but it was a male not a female.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

dambarude wrote: »
    What did they say (if you can remember)?

They must have wanted to shed the stereotype:pac:

Exact same thing. I just got weirded out becuse I miss her :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭higgz

lay anish gu curamuck air duh scrood-fawpear nah choraka awgus nah ceshtinna agwown nah cwid Ah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Actually it was a male irish teacher that used to teach in our school, he's from the Aran Islands. It was such a shock hearing his voice on the tape because he use to be my year head!:D I think he's better than the woman to be honest but maybe I'm just biased!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

Aw I missed her dreadfully! :) She was just so distinctive and familiar! Oh twel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

higgz wrote: »
    lay anish gu curamuck air duh scrood-fawpear nah choraka awgus nah ceshtinna agwown nah cwid Ah

ahahahaha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 vagi_bleeder

the original lady was an irish teacher before but sadly passed away 5 months ago, the voice was changed out of respect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

Leigh anis go curamach ar do scruid papeir, le turachaca :confused: AGUS! na ceisteanna le roinn le cuid A :confused:

There ya go, that's what I remember of Irish from school days...

F :D

I got a C1 at the time though, so how bad :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

higgz wrote: »

Sir I applaud your brilliance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

It sounded like my primary school principle (don't think it was actually him) 'twas kinda funny!

Did anybody else notice how recent the tape was...... DES bishops dad's death was on it and that was only in like march or April?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I thought the quality of the tape was SH1T!!! I couldn't make out loads of the bloody words they were so mumbly..

And did anyone else laugh when the Ulster dialect were advertising the sports day and for one of the activities it was : "Marcaiocht capaillini" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

I thought the quality of the tape was SH1T!!! I couldn't make out loads of the bloody words they were so mumbly..

And did anyone else laugh when the Ulster dialect were advertising the sports day and for one of the activities it was : "Marcaiocht capaillini" :D
    You mean the achingly slow M--A---R---C---A----I (you get the point :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I just assumed that it meant ponies or something..! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I just assumed that it meant ponies or something..! :P

Same here but I just thought it was kinda funny still >.< :P :P

• Registered Users Posts: 38 EsteemedEntity

Those two who do the comhrá always crack me up. They're always playing characters that are 18 or so, but they're clearly ancient.

"Birtain's Got Talent, X-Factor agus The All-Ireland Talent Show."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I was actually thinking this too. The beginning of the Noirin/Ciaran convo. The start sounded fuzzy and quieter than the rest of it, I was very annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Sparkie93

my examiner put the tape on a shelf thing and the wire was hanging down in the front the person sitting at the desk pulled the wire by accident and the tape player fell down it skipped a bit but kept playing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

No but i laughed when he called susan boyle fat and said she wore old clothes
    and when one of them said sumtin about a beure
    :D:D:D

Advertisement