Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I was late for my Irish exam...

• 13-06-2011 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭

Finished up maths paper 2 this morning and was chatting to a few of the lads, one of them asked what time was irish starting at. 2 o clock, came the reply, and I thought no more about it.
    Hopped into the car, and tore on home for a bit of munch.
    Was online checking boards, facebook, etc, and glanced at the time, it read 13:27. Handy out, I thought, rakes of time.
    Just popped into my head that I wasnt sure what time the aural exam was finishing up, so I went to the fridge to check the timetable which is stuck there.
    Irish paper one-1:30.
    1:30!!!!!!!:eek:
    FUUUUUUUU.........
    Back into the car, took off, burning clutch, tires, brake pads, etc in my haste, having visions of not being left do the exam.
    Parked the car (1:34 by this stage), off on a mad dash over to the school, in the door, and knocked on the door of my exam centre.
    Superintendant let me in (1:36pm), couldn't have been more sound about it, handed me my paper and answer book, etc, and said "your ok, the papers were only just handed out, just calm down and you'll be fine" i wasnt panicking, but had sprinted about 1/4 of a mile from the car, and was blowing fairly hard, she mistook this for palpitations.

My question is... should I have been left in??:confused:
    The teacher in my school in charge of exams etc f*cked me out of it later, fobbed her off saying I had stopped by the shades for speeding through town trying to get here on time.:cool:
    Apparently I should have been prevented from completing my exams this year.:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 StudiosStudent

I passed out in the bathroom before the Maths paper this morning, My friend found be at about 11am and they let me in. So yes, You should have been left in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Course you should have been let in, you're allowed in for the first half hour. That's why they don't let anyone out in the first 30 minutes - so they can't pass on info to somebody outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I passed out in the bathroom before the Maths paper this morning, My friend found be at about 11am and they let me in. So yes, You should have been left in.

Are you actually SERIOUS?!

You were un-conscious in the bathroom for an hour and a half?!?!?!? :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

You can be let in as long as you are not a half hour late i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Are you okay? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I'm no expert on it at all but I do believe that once the papers are handed out you are not allowed in. Weather they were just handed out or handed out 20 mins ago its a no. Some people are just genuinely nice, it didn't do anyone any harm letting you in. I don't think being late for one exam effects the rest, I thought you just got 0 for that exam or paper.

EDIT: I was wrong about that.

I think the litre of vodka to calm my nerves might have been to blame :/

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Are you actually SERIOUS?!

You were un-conscious in the bathroom for an hour and a half?!?!?!? :O

I'd be more concerned with getting to a hospital than doing an exam if I was unconscious for over an hour...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

What?? With nerves? Hope you're ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

you're allowed into an exam within the first half an hour of it

• Advertisement

What?? With nerves? Hope you're ok now.

I think it might have been the vodka, I'm not too sure :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm speechless. Do you realise how irresponsible that was?

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I'm speechless. Do you realise how irresponsible that was?

It was to wash down the whiskey... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

I always thought it was okay (but frowned upon obviously) if it was in the first 30 mins of the exam, after which you can't be admitted as people are allowed to leave after the 30 minute mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

It was to wash down the whiskey... :(

Oh shush.

what.to.do wrote: »
    Oh shush.

Please refrain from derailing the thread.

obvious_troll.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Nahhh... actually, that's BS.. One of your friends in your exam centre would have noticed you absent and there would have been calls/searches for you!
    Lol nice try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

A guy was let in 10 minutes late into maths this morning. It pissed me off as I was into the zone and the door slamming open made me jump. But I guess that it's better that he was let in, I'd hate to be in his/your position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Sympathy GONE :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

obvious_troll.jpg
    Yes, you are.

Given this and other trolling posts in other threads, banned for two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Foreverdelayed

Please refrain from derailing the thread.

obvious_troll.jpg

Weak Troll is Weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

Aoifums wrote: »
    A guy was let in 10 minutes late into maths this morning. It pissed me off as I was into the zone and the door slamming open made me jump. But I guess that it's better that he was let in, I'd hate to be in his/your position.

I just cannot do this, espeically with maths! I start singing songs in my head and everything, think its because of all the times studying with the radio on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Well, the thread serves as a reminder to everyone to check their timetables.

And of how silly trolls can be ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement