Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Mardi Gras street party on this year?

• 13-06-2011 6:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

http://www.themarketquarter.ie/

Nothing on the website,anything in local media?

Even tho i got ate about Heineken Greenzone(it wasnt an event)I thought the Mardi Gras was a good start last year,i was hoping they would build on it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I haven't heard anything about it yet. Which is strange, I too thought it was going to become an annual thing.

Although.... its not like we need another excuse to get w@n***ed drunk in the streets. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah, it's on the the 2nd of July!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Yeah, it's on the the 2nd of July!

1st and 2nd according to flyers in The Old Quarter O'Connells!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

First weekend in july :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Are they making it 2 days this year?I hope they are building on it from lasy year and bring a family element and a non drinking side to it cause it went down so well last year

• Advertisement

bigpink wrote: »
    Are they making it 2 days this year?I hope they are building on it from lasy year and bring a family element and a non drinking side to it cause it went down so well last year

The drinking side went down very well last year too! :D

shaaane wrote: »
    The drinking side went down very well last year too! :D

Yeah, having every club in town packed with 16 year ols was greeeeat :P:P
    Lasted 10 mins and went to meet my cousins for several beveages :D

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Yeah, having every club in town packed with 16 year ols was greeeeat :P:P
    Lasted 10 mins and went to meet my cousins for several beveages :D

No different to any other night on the town and sadly, nothing will be done about it. :(

shaaane wrote: »
    No different to any other night on the town and sadly, nothing will be done about it. :(

Unfortunately :(

There's nothing wore than being on Teaching Practice and having your TYs asking can they do shots with you in Angel Lane....

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

Anyone got any info on what's involved in this street party? Apart from the drinking side of things that is... think I've got that down to a fine art at this stage!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

its advertised on the limerick post this week

it says only the 2nd though!!!!! says nothing about it being 2 days. maybe the "2 days" myth is just some pubs in the area trying to drag out the customers

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

bigpink wrote: »

+1

But what have the pub owners to gain from spending money on family events...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Unfortunately :(

There's nothing wore than being on Teaching Practice and having your TYs asking can they do shots with you in Angel Lane....

Angel lane i would have said was strict in i.d,only passport or licence,age card
    Senn the bouncers check i.d with u.v lights aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Id imadgine some will have promos for the two nights, but the party is on the second, and ill be below grabbing a few shots :) (photos, and maybe the alcohol later in the night :P)

Advertisement