Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a rabbit in Dublin?

Options
  • 13-06-2011 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to get my hands on a whole skinned rabbit for the weekend. Anyone know where I'd get one, and how much it would cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

One, if not all of the Moore st. butchers will have them NekkidBibleMan. Not sure of prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Looking to get my hands on a whole skinned rabbit for the weekend. Anyone know where I'd get one, and how much it would cost?

this might sound strange but have u asked in the hunting forum . they seem to always be shooting wild rabbits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Donnybrook Fair sells them, as far as I remember.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

^^ LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

As a price guide, I can tell you that they can be got in The English Market in Cork for €7.50 each (wild, cleaned and skinned).

Or for €5 each, frozen in O Flynn's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I saw rabbits in Fenelons butcher in Stillorgan a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Saw some in Gleeson's in the new shopping centre in Balbriggan today, frozen and €14.99c.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Jaysus - that's a bit steep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Jaysus - that's a bit steep.

Is it? I wouldn't know... I only stopped to look at it cos it freaked me out a bit!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

If your ever in Paris have a look at the food markets, you can buy skinned rabbits and then in the next stall you can buy the kids cute little rabbit glove puppets made out of real rabbit fur.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Fx buckleys on moore st have them..expensive in my opinion..better off ask in the shooting forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Thanks for all the replies! Got 'em in FXB's on Moore St in the end. Around €15 a pop, so a bit on the dear side!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

15 is expensive for a rabbit.

It's ten euro from James Whelan Butchers: http://www.jameswhelanbutchers.com/proddetail.php?prod=6330

(But there is ten euro postage etc so only works out good value if you buy a good bit of meat)

Advertisement