Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor network change and back to meteor again?

Options
  • 13-06-2011 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

hi all,

i'm currently on meteor and was just looking through meteor's price plans. for customers who are switching their numbers to meteor, they get additional freebies as compared to current meteor customers who are changing price plans!

so i was wondering if it was possible to switch from meteor to say vodafone for a month and back to meteor again? or is there some fine print that i have not seen yet??

any advice greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

rabboni wrote: »
    hi all,

i'm currently on meteor and was just looking through meteor's price plans. for customers who are switching their numbers to meteor, they get additional freebies as compared to current meteor customers who are changing price plans!

so i was wondering if it was possible to switch from meteor to say vodafone for a month and back to meteor again? or is there some fine print that i have not seen yet??

certainly on PAYG you can, when Meteor had the offer top up €20 every month and get €20 free for 12 months but this was only for new customers and not existing customers i wasn't the only one well pi**ed off over this, generally Meteor are good that's why ive been with them years but they seriously need to treat their existing customers better.

Anyway i called up, got the PAC code, id already got another SIM card so i ported my number across, a few hours later i requested the PAC from eMobile and ported it back across to Meteor so i would be eligible for the €20 every month, i even told Meteor i had done this in order to get the free credit and they said no problem no rules were being broken so ive been getting the €20 a month since then (a few months back)now im strongly considering getting a contract so i can get this beast of a phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

hi all,

are you going on bill pay on meteor?
    i switched over to meteor, and got 400 mins 400 txts, free meteor calls and txts and also 4gb of data, for €33.75 per month not bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

ingen wrote: »
    are you going on bill pay on meteor?
    i switched over to meteor, and got 400 mins 400 txts, free meteor calls and txts and also 4gb of data, for €33.75 per month not bad...

How did you manage that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

How did you manage that?

thats the offer they gave me

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

im in something like the position the OP is in except im on bill surf 55 and out of contract on the 25th ( upgrade is due now ) dunno what to do. if i want the added discount advertised on the website i need to give a months notice switch to payg then switch away and port back again ! lot of hassle to save a 5er a month so am tempted just to call them see what they can offer on the premise im jumping ship if they dont give me some sort of deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

hi all,

In the terms it states you have to leave the network (meteor) for 3months/90 days before returning in order to be deemed a new customer moving your number to the network, to recieve the freebies such as the double €20 top up forever.

'Where a new prepaid customer to the Meteor network purchases and activates a handset and moving or ports' their number from another Irish mobile telephony network within the Offer Period, save for any who have previously left the Meteor network within the last three months prior to porting, they may avail of Meteor's Double Credit Forever promotion.'

http://www.meteor.ie/support/onlinestorefaqs/call_credit_tc_february_2011/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Looks like they've closed the loophole so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

Kensington wrote: »
    Looks like they've closed the loophole so!

In before the closing of the loophole :cool:

Advertisement