Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping?

• 13-06-2011 8:17pm

Hi,

I'm looking to organise a camping trip in Clare for around the start of July (We'll be coming from Dublin). I've a friend who'll be in Ballyvaughan (I've seen it spelled Ballyvaghan on Google maps, so I'm not 100% sure if I'm spelling it right) and I'd be delighted to find some camping facilities within an hours walk from it. From what I've seen online, there aren't any, but I know that very often camping sites aren't highly advertised, or sometimes places with camping facilites plus other accomodation tend to not mention much about camping.

I was wondering if the good folk here could give me any info as to whether or not there really are any camping possibilities out there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

hi true or false,
    im not totally knowledgeable of that area but fanore beach (my favourite beach ever!) has a campsite (actually i think its where father ted was filmed, remember graham norton dancing in the little caravan, sorry rambling!:rolleyes:). i cant think of anywhere else near there but if i do i'll come back to you. hope you get good weather, its so beautiful around there:)
    theres loads of campsites in doolin but thats a bit furtherhth

• Registered Users Posts: 37 glanzamike

Fanore is a great spot to camp,theres a handy spot in the dunes to pitch a tent,it acts as a good windbreaker.Its not a campsite,but nothing was ever said when we were camping there.

Advertisement