Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Business HL - Predictions / discussion / aftermath * (One thread only please)

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 xxCookiexx

:(I was just wondering:
    under the pressure of the exam i totally messed up my break even formula on question 7. But i continued on (I got 20000 units btw, which i know to be wrong!) and drew my break even chart. I labeled the correct lines and marked in everything, bep, margin of safety etc.
    Please can anyone tell me, even though I got the answers wrong, is business like maths where they still reward you if you know how to construct it?

is it all or nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

obamaosama wrote: »
    SD Timeout you did 5 long questions now theres a fast writer??

I know i did, I'm a very fast writer / a lot of the things that came up i knew very very well so it was quick to get them down onto the page.Question 4 took me about 15 minutes so i made up the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I'm surprised by the questions I ended up doing. I usually avoid q.1 and do q.2 and 3 instead but today I did 1 and 3.

Loved the ABQ, I usually struggle to find the links but they were obvious today!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

after reading some of the replies i'm worried i didnt write enough i see some people did 20+ pages.

i only went about 3/4 of the way through the answer book.

i didnt see the point in writing be long answers i just went straight to the point
    with some questions taking up only about 15-20 lines.

my teacher always said it better to just write the point instead of filling it up with useless crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JReilly

dunworth1 wrote: »
    after reading some of the replies i'm worried i didnt write enough i see some people did 20+ pages.

i only went about 3/4 of the way through the answer book.

i didnt see the point in writing be long answers i just went straight to the point
    with some questions taking up only about 15-20 lines.

my teacher always said it better to just write the point instead of filling it up with useless crap.

It depends. 20 mark questions generally require at least page of info, while 30 markers require at least a page and a half. So considering the 4 questions and the ABQ you should have banked around 20 pages or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

JReilly wrote: »
    It depends. 20 mark questions generally require at least page of info, while 30 markers require at least a page and a half. So considering the 4 questions and the ABQ you should have banked around 20 pages or so.

Doesnt matter how many pages you write as long as you get the points in..if its 20 marks its usually 4 points at 5 marks each..so as long as you get the point in eg performance apprasial- explanation..2 marks for naming the point and 3 marks for the explanation..thats the way we were always taught

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 fred09

Doesnt matter how many pages you write as long as you get the points in..if its 20 marks its usually 4 points at 5 marks each..so as long as you get the point in eg performance apprasial- explanation...2 marks for naming the point and 3 marks for the explanation..thats the way we were always taught
    2 things, length doesn't mean much at all,i wrote a lot myself but when i write fast my writing gets a lot bigger but i did include as much info as possible.....once your points are there and explained you will get marks....the same thing for geography.
    And to everyone that didnt see question 7, i have no compassion/remourse etc......youve all had 2 years to look at exam papers and realise that there has ALWAYS been 7 questions.Until a new course comes in, there will ALWAYS be 7 questions......pressure of the exam means nothing......just turn the page really.....

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

danoboy254 wrote: »
    what do you mean by naming the theory? was it not given in the question?

Ya, well I'm really nit-picking and I don't remember the specific questions very well but I probably should have mentioned 'the Hierarchy of Needs'. That said maybe that was in the question also, my memory is pretty awful!

Advertisement