Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topaz Dalkey cordened off today.

Options
  • 13-06-2011 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I went to fill up the bike at Topaz Dalkey and found the place shut along with both entrances taped off, can anyone tell me whats going on?

There use to be several service stations in and around Dalkey / Glasthule, if this is shut for some time its quite a hike to the next filling station, ie East Pier, Sallynoggin or Cabinteely.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

No idea:confused: Its a handy one alright , I use it myself quite a bit! Couldn't imagine it would be closing down, an operational problem perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

run out of fuel maybe...
    or maybe system problems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

There is Apple Green in Ballyrback Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 misslolapants

Don't go to Applegreen! Try Topaz on Rochestown Avenue.. Applegreen aren't good latelly I've been puttting the same amount of € into my car there n it's going nowehre whereas from Texaco in Shankill, it appears to last longer. Asked my boyfriend (mechanic) if I was going mad & he said no his car ran badly for a few months n he put it down to the Applegreen Station petrol. Just a warning..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Don't go to Applegreen! Try Topaz on Rochestown Avenue.. Applegreen aren't good latelly I've been puttting the same amount of € into my car there n it's going nowehre whereas from Texaco in Shankill, it appears to last longer. Asked my boyfriend (mechanic) if I was going mad & he said no his car ran badly for a few months n he put it down to the Applegreen Station petrol. Just a warning..

If you buy the same euro amount of petrol each time, over the last year or two then yes it would last you less and less, prices have sky rocketed. Your getting less for every euro you spend, thats the same Applegreen/Texaco/Esso whoever.

Better to buy the same number of litres each time, that would be more accurate,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

No idea why it would be closed. But one of their pumps was seriously slow last Friday, took about five times longer than it should have, kept clicking off if you pulled in the handle even a little bit more than the minimum

never had that prob in Applegreen, Tesco petrol is ****e though. Topaz is Dalkey is always more expensive than other local garages too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I've jut filled up in Topaz and apart from the outrageous price petrol is these days, everything looked fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

never had that prob in Applegreen, Tesco petrol is ****e though. Topaz is Dalkey is always more expensive than other local garages too
    They have the monopoly now, when I was a kid there was four independent petrol stations in Dalkey alone, two in Glasthule. Now they have all disappeared.

If you buy the same euro amount of petrol each time, over the last year or two then yes it would last you less and less, prices have sky rocketed. Your getting less for every euro you spend, thats the same Applegreen/Texaco/Esso whoever.

Better to buy the same number of litres each time, that would be more accurate,

Given that I'm not an idiot, nor have I been living under a rock, I'm fully aware that prices have gone up. If you had read the comment you'd see other reasons pointing to bad petrol. Also, I filled up the same amount within 1 week in Applegreen & Texaco Shankill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Given that I'm not an idiot, nor have I been living under a rock, I'm fully aware that prices have gone up. If you had read the comment you'd see other reasons pointing to bad petrol. Also, I filled up the same amount within 1 week in Applegreen & Texaco Shankill.

Wow, catty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Wow, catty.

Women drivers :rolleyes:

Women drivers :rolleyes:

Better than bein anchored though I suppose.. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Better than bein anchored though I suppose.. :p

A free spirit when not anchored!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

All Texco/Applegreen/Topaz/Esso/Tesco (and ect) fuel comes from the whitegate refinery in cork. ie its all the bloody same.

The only ones that claim and do use different fuel are maxol

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Can people calm the hell down?!?!?

Seriously! You can all destroy the emviroment in peace
    :pac:

landyman wrote: »
    All Texco/Applegreen/Topaz/Esso/Tesco (and ect) fuel comes from the whitegate refinery in cork. ie its all the bloody same.

except for the additives ;)

and while I'll happily agree most have no difference, with two different cars I've noticed both get lower mpg and sound rougher on the Tesco stuff on more than one occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Can people calm the hell down?!?!?

Seriously! You can all destroy the emviroment in peace
    :pac:

Don't you shout at me in your MOD voice, especially when you make a typo :D:p

Advertisement