Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roast chicken breast- need some spicing up

Options
  • 13-06-2011 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    i have a few chicken breasts I've oven roasted, any tips on how to spice them up now for my lunch, i dont want to just put BBQ sauce or something on them, can I spice them now or should that've been done before I cooked them?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

It might be too late to spice them. Spices need some kind of cooking usually, or they taste grainy.

An idea would be to make up a nice flavoured mayo or dressing to go with them? You can add roasted garlic and green herbs for a nice garlicky, herby option. Or mix sweet chilli sauce with mayo for a simple dip. Or you could make a blue cheese dressing from blue cheese, mayo and sour cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Thanks, was thinking that about the spices being grainy

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

It might be too late to spice them. Spices need some kind of cooking usually, or they taste grainy.

An idea would be to make up a nice flavoured mayo or dressing to go with them? You can add roasted garlic and green herbs for a nice garlicky, herby option. Or mix sweet chilli sauce with mayo for a simple dip. Or you could make a blue cheese dressing from blue cheese, mayo and sour cream.

Try some Harissa or Chipotle Paste....you can just spread on..and just pop into oven to heat slightly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

^^^ In a similar manner spread some pesto on top and grill, or try using some wholegrain mustard and honey. A little sundried tomato paste will do the same. Tikka mayo is another good way of adding flavour to plain chicken, just mix equal amounts of mayo and store bought tikka sauce and mix in your chicken pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I used a tex seasoning on chicken and it was DELICIOUS. was bought over in london though :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement