Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I delete my boards.ie account?

Options
  • 13-06-2011 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

You cant delete your account per se but you can get it closed.

Email hello@boards.ie and the lads in the office will sort you out.

FWIW,I would be sorry to see you leave and would ask that you would think about it.Your contributions in PI have been and continue to be excellent and you would be a loss to the other users if you do leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

What is it with all these good posters wanting to delete their accounts? :(

You cant delete it but you can ask the lads in the office to close it or just scramble your password.

RI wont be the same without you, Sun :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Thanks guys, I appreciate your kind words, but it's time to move on.

I clicked on the hello link but it didn't work for me. Is there another address I can try?

Thanks.

PM Dav. Usually the hello email address works tho.

Maybe sleep on it? It would be a shame for you to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Asked this myself today, just pop an email over to hello@boards.ie and ask them to close it. I haven't got a reply to mine yet but the autoresponse email said you should get a response within 2 days or so. Hope that helps. :)

• Advertisement

liah wrote: »
    Asked this myself today, just pop an email over to hello@boards.ie and ask them to close it. I haven't got a reply to mine yet but the autoresponse email said you should get a response within 2 days or so. Hope that helps. :)

On this note, would you not ask the Admins to check the ip of the people who are harrassing you to some on here and see what that shows up?

Thanks, Liah :)

I popped them over an email and got the same response.

Best of luck, everyone. :)

Kiera wrote: »
    On this note, would you not ask the Admins to check the ip of the people who are harrassing you to some on here and see what that shows up?

Can't, I don't have access to the IPs, it's not happening on my own site but rather the anonymous one. I can't provide proof of anything so there's no action the mods could take even if they wanted to, as I doubt the host site would give out IP details.

What can ya do, sure. Was fun while it lasted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,189 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You're what? Liah, why? edit: oh, that sucks :(

Can't, I don't have access to the IPs, it's not happening on my own site but rather the anonymous one. I can't provide proof of anything so there's no action the mods could take even if they wanted to, as I doubt the host site would give out IP details.

Its a pity, i'd say one of them would be quiet obvious from what i've seen on here with them being a dick to you :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Lock the anonymous site. That way any further hastle will have to come through a site that will log the IP of the messenger. Thus they either stop, or get caught.

Nodin wrote: »
    Lock the anonymous site. That way any further hastle will have to come through a site that will log the IP of the messenger. Thus they either stop, or get caught.

Still doesn't solve the issue of the certain posters who like to follow me around threads just to counter everything I say :p

I know I should close it, but I don't like being forced into it, I like the thing. I figure if I quit here they'll stop altogether as they don't have me in their face annoyin' them all the time :p

Might be back one day though, who knows. See how it goes.

Sunflower, you were a fantastic poster and you seem like a really, really sweet person - it's a dead shame to see you go, especially after seeing all the people you helped through tough times in PI. Sincerely wish you all the best - you're one of the good 'uns. :p

Still doesn't solve the issue of the certain posters who like to follow me around threads just to counter everything I say :p

Fuck them. In the bad sense.
    I know I should close it, but I don't like being forced into it, I like the thing. I figure if I quit here they'll stop altogether as they don't have me in their face annoyin' them all the time :p

....which is being forced into quitting, tbh. Still, up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That Formspring site is a magnet for abuse tbh.. especially when linked to from here. I had an account for a while and a large chunk of the 'questions' I was 'asked' were basically just people telling me how much they hated me!

Sorry to see you leave over such cowardly muppets, Liah

Sunflower, you were a fantastic poster and you seem like a really, really sweet person - it's a dead shame to see you go, especially after seeing all the people you helped through tough times in PI. Sincerely wish you all the best - you're one of the good 'uns. :p

:( Awww, thank you so much, I will remember that.

Best wishes to you, too. You weren't so bad yourself ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

liah have you ever spoken to a Mod, CMod or Admin about this?

And sunflower whatever your reasons are for leaving, perhaps you'd sit on it for a day or two also, you're a very active poster in the forums you frequent and you'd be missed :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sorry to see you leave over such cowardly muppets, Liah
    This in a big way Liah. I hope sunflower27, that you're not leaving for similar reasons. Like others have said you're an asset to the place.

Now naturally there's feck all they can do about external sites but DeV and the admins and mods are very proactive about dealing swiftly and harshly with bullying of members of the Boards community. This site stands out very positively in that regard. That has been my experience here. Even if the users may not have seen it. If you can link any of that crap to members on this site you should PM one or more of the admins to deal with these people. They have the tools at their disposal to play spot the twat. It has also been my experience that even if the object of bullying leaves, these gits will just switch to someone else they deem a target.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Thanks guys, no I am not leaving for the same reason as Liah :) I'd fight to the death if anyone was trying to get rid of me. As if!!!! :D

Liah, to hell with the lunatics. Don't let them drive you off. If that is the only reason, don't go xx

g'em wrote: »
    liah have you ever spoken to a Mod, CMod or Admin about this?

Also don't really think there's anything they can do as the posters aren't outwardly breaking any rules, or at least not in a significant enough way for the mods to be able to do anything. They're not swearing at me or anything, or sending abusive PMs. They just.. 'happen' to be in every thread I'm in, and happen to have the opposite opinion to me, and happen to misrepresent me in order to demonize me/discredit my opinion, etc.

I guess it's just not anything I'd really want to waste the mod's time with tbh because I'm not sure they'd even see it as an issue.

I guess it's just not anything I'd really want to waste the mod's time with tbh because I'm not sure they'd even see it as an issue.
    Like Wibbs said one of the things that makes boards different is that we put an awful lot of energy into making the site welcoming and pleasant to be on. If that atmosphere has been compromised for a poster by another poster then yes, the Mods et al. will want to know :)

I'm assuming you have this person on ignore? That's obviously the first step. But please do feel free to approach me or any of the other Mods for a chat in confidence and we can talk about it more.

• Advertisement

Also don't really think there's anything they can do as the posters aren't outwardly breaking any rules, or at least not in a significant enough way for the mods to be able to do anything. They're not swearing at me or anything, or sending abusive PMs. They just.. 'happen' to be in every thread I'm in, and happen to have the opposite opinion to me, and happen to misrepresent me in order to demonize me/discredit my opinion, etc.

Block them, christ knows I have.... and they are all from AH :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

I hate ignoring people though because then I can't see whether they're misrepresenting me or not and then I have no way of defending myself. I'd rather see it and be able to have a shot at clarifying my position than have everyone who reads whatever they write think that's actually what I feel.

T'would do no harm to have another eye run over it, for the sake of objectivity.

Certainly its possible to think that people do follow you, when its only a coincidence of opposing views on similar interests, but there is always the possibilty theres more to it.

You could give their names to the Admins and give a few links of where these incidents have happened. Its the usual passive aggressive shíte. The clever feckers use this over and over on the same users and know what they're doing so they dont get pulled up on it. I'd give as many links to the lads as you can and see if they can help you.

It would be a shame for you to leave over these dicks.

I hate ignoring people though because then I can't see whether they're misrepresenting me or not and then I have no way of defending myself. I'd rather see it and be able to have a shot at clarifying my position than have everyone who reads whatever they write think that's actually what I feel.

I totally understand that, but you have to have faith in people's abilities to make up their own minds and see what's really happening. And in all honesty, it's very easy to see when someone is running a smear campaign or is obviously being an ass. The more you ignore, the more they'll try and bait, and their intentions will become glaringly clear for all to see in no time :)

Kiera wrote: »
    You could give their names to the Admins and give a few links of where these incidents have happened. Its the usual passive aggressive shíte. The clever feckers use this over and over on the same users and know what they're doing so they dont get pulled up on it. I'd give as many links to the lads as you can and see if they can help you.

It would be a shame for you to leave over these dicks.

I totally agree. :)

Do it, Liah, there's still time... it's too late for me.... but save yourself :D

Nodin wrote: »
    T'would do no harm to have another eye run over it, for the sake of objectivity.

Certainly its possible to think that people do follow you, when its only a coincidence of opposing views on similar interests, but there is always the possibilty theres more to it.

See, tbh, this is another worry. I'm concerned that maybe it is in my head, but it really feels like more than coincidence and that certain posters do genuinely seem to hate me. I don't want to get people in crap if it is just in my head, yanno?

Ugh, really really sorry for derailing the thread Sunflower :(

See, tbh, this is another worry. I'm concerned that maybe it is in my head, but it really feels like more than coincidence and that certain posters do genuinely seem to hate me. I don't want to get people in crap if it is just in my head, yanno?

Don't be silly, purge, get it out. :)

• Advertisement

Its not in your head. I've seen one person do it to you over and over. They used to do it non-stop in AH but i dont see you posting as much in there anymore so dont know if that same person is still at it. But then again you post in the serious threads and i tend to stay away from them so it might still be happening.

I'm sure others would have picked up on the other people too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement