Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Nav Repair

Options
  • 13-06-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi all

Does anyone know where I could get a sat nav repaired in Sligo Area. Its a Garmin Nuvi 1210 and it keeps freezing on start up and wont let me reset it or update it. Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Did you buy it in Sligo or would it still be under warranty. Might need a software update if Garmin provide such a service.

Opps. Just read you already tried updating it. Have you asked in Currys or PC world up at the Carroroe Retail Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Spook80

Not sure if this is any use but my old one used to freeze on start up and i just connected it up to computer, ran an update and it worked fine after that.

sorry i also just noticed you couldn't update.
    Any chance its using a memory card that could be corrupt?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mikesavo2003

Cheers for replys. Ya wont let me update as it freezes at garmin screen and computer wont recognise d device. It was bought in Halfords so Ill start there and see wot they say. Thought there might be someone local dat is handy wit them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

Theres a computer repairs place opposite the Bus Depot/ Bus Stop Shop that repairs a lot of stuff for peanuts, perhaps they might be of help? I don't know if they do satnav's though ;/

When you plug in the Garmin with the USB, does your computer treat it as a hard drive, or is there a proper Garmin Program on your computer?

You should be able to reinstall the firmware this way, or reset it completey, if there is no "reset" button on the actual satnav.

Good luck!

Advertisement