Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone broadband vs Eircom?

• 13-06-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hello,

I currently have Eircom broadband via land line and am thinking of moving to Vodafone Broadband via landline. I've had no problems with the Eircom but am just looking to save money. Has anyone experience of broadband with Vodafone - I'd hate to change and then get a crappy broadband service.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

I would say stick with eircom tbh. Moved house recently and as there is no landline here i went with vodafone broadband. Just completed my first month and they've sent me a bill for 104 euro!! I was paying 30 a month with the eircom talktime package and was constantly on the net and never got charged extra. Can only ever get 1/2 bars of coverage here too so i'll be ringing eircom soon to pay for the landline to be put in, vodafone is a false economy imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Eircom is way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Thanks folks for the info. Sort of what I expected - if it sounds too goo to be true it usually is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I've been using Voda at home for the past few years original BT then Voda took it over, Never had a problem 3MB for €40 a month, Speeds are reasonable just did a speed test and came through at 3.27Mbps. Few cut outs over the years but that was Eircom Line fault (farmers cutting the lines when trimming the ditches)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Stick with eircom- moving to vodafone is biggest regret I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I use smart telecom for years have never had any issues, and so would highly rate it. Was recently upgraded to 10mb for no extra charge....super fast since...happy days..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Enright

I changed to Vodfone to save a few quid, service rather poor, guite a few outages, broadband speed was faster, but got warning re downloads

eventually went back to eircom, who matched the vodfone offering, happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭zamo27

i am in the same situation, trying to cut down household bills.. i have no bother with eircom , only the fact that its 68 euros a month.. so from what i read no to vodafone but might consider smart telecom?? is that right,, what is i ring eircom and ask them to match vodafone offer of E40 per month do i stand a chance??

Advertisement