Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prices in England

Options
  • 13-06-2011 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm getting an angel tattoo on my inner forearm and it will have a good bit of detail but just in black and grey no other colours and was wondering would it be cheaper to get done in London or Surrey. I'm heading over there next month and I'm undecided to get it done before I go over as I've been told by a couple of people its cheaper over there.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

You should look for quality rather than price. I know some tattoo artist are quite expensive here but look at the quality of their work. I would much rather pay high prices for a great tattoo because your going to have it forever.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

In London you will tend to pay a fair bit for established tattooists in the longer-established studios. £100 to £125 and upwards. Same principle as in Ireland, really.

You will find cut-price 'scratchers' in both countries who will tattoo cheaper than the guy around the corner.

That said, somethings some things you should try and be frugal and save money on. Buying own-brand washing up liquid in supermarkets, perhaps.

Tattoos, though? I really don't think so. Save for that bit longer, so that you can go to who you think would do the absolute best job, rather than who is doing the knockdown price you can afford in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I would be hesitant to get a tattoo in the UK just because you happen to be visiting the UK. NOw if you were going over for a specific artist then fair enough. There are loads of great artists in Dublin / Ireland to choose from, this isn't a "lets keep the money in the country" style post, more a ' you're only going to be in London for a presumably short time so why spend a chunk of it in a studio ' style post.
    In relation to cost, while I cant say definately for London (and prices do vary wildly) there is better "value" to be had in England last time I checked. In the UK (Essex and Sunderland respectively) you can get a tattoo from £80 an hour from the likes of Jason Butcher or Myth. £80 roughly the same price as you'd pay the average (in both senses of the word) tattooist on this fair aisle.

But like I say, if I were you, and not going over for an artist in particular, I'd just get it done by one of the top lads in Ireland. JMD in Waterford or Justin Russell would be good I'd imagine.

Advertisement