Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping Scopes

Options
  • 13-06-2011 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

All,
    I must admit that I am totally confused about shipping scopes to Ireland from abroad, such as the states.

Disclaimer - you're responsible for VAT on all shipments.

I am here to help make some calls to suss out information for ye, if need be, nothing more.

I called OpticsPlanet and they advised that there are some scopes they will ship and some they will not ship

Will ship
    Bushnell, Nikon, and Zeiss will be shipped.

Will Not Ship
    Leupold, Burris, Redfield, S&B, Swaro, and NF will not be shipped.

Note: there may be more on either list, these were the few that I questioned the sales agent.

Anyone looking for a quality scope at a great price, click here for a Nikon 4-12x40 with ballistic drop reticle for 199.95. Don't forget coupon code opiv5% for another $10 off.

Sorry to say, I do not have a shipping price as it will vary. The agent informed me I could add to the basket and then click international shipping. I believe USPS was the cheapest route to go.

Any questions, please ask here, no PM's on this topic - 100% transparency - it is just too touchy both sides of the Atlantic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Tanx.

Were u asked to fill and return by post an export licence?
    I was asked for this recently so just couldnt be bothered.....cc30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Tanx.
    Were u asked to fill and return by post an export licence?
    I was asked for this recently so just couldnt be bothered.....cc30

CrackCrack,
    No, however, the devil is in the details. Often, they'll give you all the details over the phone. Then when you try and buy, they'll tell you the rest of the details.

If you are still interested, let me know: (1) what you want to buy, (2) from whom you want to buy, and (3) what they said you had to do.

I can only figure things out on this end. Ye'll have to suss things out over there.

As mentioned before, that credit card fee is a joke. Most Irish have a cousin or someone in the states. I would suggest that they charge it and ship it directly to you to avoid the fee.

FWIW - I just put a Nikon Prostaff in the cart and selected "Ireland." I chose the "USPS Priority International Mail Option" under estimated costs and applied. The cost came to $28.00.

Now that's to get it in the mail. Once it gets to the other side of the Atlantic, that's where ye figure things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

I would imagine the ones they wont ship is because those manufacturers have partners/dealers in Europe that aren't supposed to be undercut from outside.

Hopefully next year I'll be buying a Zeiss Conquest in the states, but I'll be bringing it home in my case like I have done in the past.

Shipping will be interesting, as you've alluded to; VAT and what happens this side are the interesting parts! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

I 've bought optics (camera's and astronomy stuff) from Adorama for several years now, they ship UPS and you get stung for the VAT on delivery so keep some cash on hand!
    Usually very quick and simple to use, as well as good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

FISMA wrote: »
    All,
    I called OpticsPlanet and they advised that there are some scopes they will ship and some they will not ship.

Dunno about those folks at all...One day they will,next they wont..

Will ship
    Bushnell, Nikon, and Zeiss will be shipped.

Was looking for a Bushnell in real tree cammo..Nope wont ship...ITARS:rolleyes:

Will Not Ship
    Leupold, Burris, Redfield, S&B, Swaro, and NF will not be shipped.

Not surprising really.. Guess who is supplying Uncle Sam's snipers ??
    If any company is supplying the US DOD and has a Govt contract number[worth millions],you can be assured they will fall under State Dept &ITAR regulations.
    The idiotic thing is;IF this exact same scope is made in Europe
    it can be bought freely.Albeit at a higher price.It is actually in some cases a total farsce!
    I am looking for some Back Up Instant Sites [BUIS] for my R25.Magpul and ARMS do a nice set,yet cannot ship outside CONUS due to the ITAR regulation
    Yet I have found them for sale[not Chinky copies] in two[sofar ] AR dealerships!:rolleyes: And not much dearer than the US either.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 HelenOster

I 've bought optics (camera's and astronomy stuff) from Adorama for several years now, they ship UPS and you get stung for the VAT on delivery so keep some cash on hand!
    Usually very quick and simple to use, as well as good value.

Thanks for your feedback - and your custom!

Adorama will ship anything and everything that we have in our inventory to Ireland - and if you need any advice or after-sales support, you are most welcome to contact me directly: Helen@adorama.com

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Advertisement